Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins –
I wanted to highlight some fair trade ingredients in this post because the sourcing of our food is important and October is fair trade month. Many countries where ingredients come from do not have strong economies or equitable trade practices to protect workers, families, and farmers. It is something that we can easily do something about by making small changes in what we buy and eat.
I received a box of goodies from fair trade USA that was full of healthy ingredients that I used to make these delicious keto lemon poppy seed muffins. The great thing about fair trade is that the products are high quality and non-gmo also they are good for the environment. Fair trade helps there to be less child labor and can empower women in their communities, also buying these products helps to create schools and clean water. Seems like a great trade off for reading packages a little closer for the fair trade certified label and telling friends how to do the same. To learn more educate yourself at FairTradeusa.org
Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Line muffin cups and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the dry to the wet and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mix in the muffin cups until 3/4 full and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Let the muffins cool off.
- Put all the icing ingredients in the food processor and pulse until it is a smooth consistency.
- Ice the muffins, serve and enjoy.
Net Carbs: 2.2 g
Nutrition facts based on 12 servings
Try my other Low Carb, Keto and Paleo Cakes and Muffins and Brownie Recipes that I am sure you will love: