Low Carb Keto Green Bean Casserole
This paleo low carb and keto green bean casserole recipe is good for people who are have a sensitivity to gluten, dairy and carbohydrates. Always use the highest quality organic ingredients you can find. I made it several times for holiday parties and it was always a big hit. It is good for people who follow the stricter form of the Autoimmune Paleo protocol because it is egg free and nut free.
Low Carb Keto Green Bean Casserole (Egg Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1.5 lb green bean
- 1.5 cups full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 8 oz mushrooms diced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 white onion sliced in strips
- 1 cup sustainable palm shortening
- or beef tallow for frying onions
- Clean and steam green beans, put in cold water to stop cooking once al dente.
- Put green beans in medium size baking dish.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the cooked onion mixture to the green beans and arrange evenly.
- Add the coconut milk and broth to the saucepan still over medium heat.
- Mix the organic tapioca starch with a few tablespoons of water until dissolved and mix into the sauce pan until it begins to thicken.
- Pour the mixture over green beans evenly.
- Add salt and pepper liberally over the whole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees - until the green beans are soft and the onions are golden brown.
- While the casserole is cooking heat up palm shortening or beef tallow over a medium high heat in a skillet.
- Add the sliced onions and cook them until golden brown and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top with fried onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Net Carbs: 8.3 g
Nutrition facts based on 6 servings
And here I round up 101 best keto casserole recipes from my low carb and keto blogger friends and from my own blog. These best keto casserole recipes can even be frozen and used for lunches around the week. This list includes everything from a keto variation of your traditional green bean casserole, casseroles with meat, chicken, fish, vegetables and those deliciously layered lasagnas!