Mediterranean Paleo Cooking Tips with Chef Nabil Boumrar –
Mediterranean Paleo Cooking Tips with Chef Nabil Boumrar
We had the privileged of interviewing my chef husband about our new book: Mediterranean Paleo Cooking. We took questions from my Facebook audience to help them with their cooking quandaries. He also talked about about how to adapt your kitchens to be gluten free and full of real food ingredients. We talk about his journey to adopting the Paleo/Primal diet and what kinds of foods he ate growing up on the Mediterranean sea.
Or in Itunes
The only purpose of this podcast is to educate and to inform. It is no substitute for professional care by a doctor or other qualified medical professional. This podcast is provided with the understanding that it does not constitute medical advice or services. Instead, we encourage you to discuss your with a licensed health care provider. Caitlin Weeks and Mary Vance assume no liability for any of your activities in connection with this podcast
NEW ON THE BLOGS/updates
Questions for the Chef:
How did we both start Paleo?
See his before and after pics here
what were the benefits you felt from going Paleo?
Why did we write this cookbook?
What kind of food did Nabil grow up with…
Tell me about your trip to Algeria to research this project…
What are some issues with the Mediterranean diet from popular books?
How is our cookbook different from other Paleo books?
What is the Mediterranean Paleo diet look like?
Kristen: How do you deal with failed experiments? I am always trying to be creative but when something goes wrong and food is thrown out it’s very discouraging.
Sharon: If I leave the fat in the beef broth, the smell nauseates me after a few hours so I usually chill it and skim off the fat and out it back on to simmer. Adding some herbs/spices helps but it’s still overwhelming and does not make me want to eat it. What should I do?
Angela: Can I just boil and use the nutrient out of organ meats?! I can handle them; since they are healthy, but my family is in need some major disguises and secrecy recipes on my part.
Tessa: Tips on making a Paleo Thanksgiving? See my recipe roundup here.
Want simple healthy food with a Mediterranean flair?
Does this sound like you?Do you have allergies/sensitivities to gluten, dairy, and soy? Do you want to get healthy but think you have to eat boring, tasteless food to achieve your goals? Do you worry that you are feeding your family too much processed and chemical-laden junk food?
Has your doctor told you to follow an anti-inflammatory diet? Do ethnic recipes and exotic spices intimidate you? Have you heard about the benefits of the Mediterranean diet or Paleo diet but don’t know where to start? Are you always hungry but “balanced” meals and snacks never seem to fill you up? Are you missing some of your favorite foods from your pre-Paleo diet?
If so, our new Mediterranean Paleo Cookbook is for you!
- Nutritionist Caitlin offers a shopping list, meal plans, healthy food buying guide and nutrition tips throughout the book!
- Plus, Chef Nabil teaches the reader how to make signature dishes from North Africa, the Middle East and southern Europe such as Tajines and french sauces. His chef tips throughout, teach people the best technique.
This book will spice up your Paleo/Low Carb Diet/ Real Food diet!
It will let you:
- Make authentic Moroccan slow-cooked Tajine’s
- Make your own healing broths including: chicken, beef and fish.
- Make many of your own French sauces: Bearnaise, Hollandaise, Aoili, Beurre Blanc, mushroom reduction and more.
- Learn how to use authentic Mediterranean spices such as cinnamon, cumin and cilantro, paprika, ginger, and saffron.
- Learn to make simple dishes to wow your family and friends at dinner parties.
- Eat like you went on a vacation without leaving home.
- Learn how to make crispy pizza and chewy pasta with easy to find ingredients.
- Stay on your gluten, dairy, soy, corn free diet but feel like you are cheating!
- Have your cake and eat it too with 18 guilt free desserts free of processed ingredients.
Please share with your friends/family who want to get healthy.