Low Carb Coconut Curry (Slow Cooker Chicken Curry)
This crock pot low carb coconut curry is a winner around my house and a true comfort in a bowl. It has a ton of flavor and is low in carbs and perfect on a Paleo or Keto diet because it has healthy fat from the coconut milk. It can be made on the stove top if you want to speed up the process. It is a great weeknight dinner for your hungry crew because you can put it on in your slow cooker before work then finish it up when you get home. I like this slow cooker (order here) because you can set the timer for a designated time period based on the recipe directions.
This slow cooker coconut chicken curry is a great way to have fresh, vibrant, low carb healthy family dinner ready when you get home after a busy day out. It can be served like a soup or you can also serve it over kelp noodles.
More Low Carb Slow Cooker Recipes
Knowing how to make some really easy meals using slow cooker is game changing when eating a Paleo, gluten free and low carb diet with managing a busy lifestyle, like the vast majority of us do. The Paleo Slow Cooker is a great book by my friend Arsy Vartanian. It has delicious slow cooker recipes that will make the difference in keeping you track with healthy paleo and low carb lifestyle especially during your busy and hectic routine. Here I share some of the FREE low carb and keto slow cooker recipes from my blog:
Low Carb Crock-Pot Coconut Curry
This crock-pot low carb coconut curry is flavor packed and perfect dinner for ketogenic, low carb, paleo and dairy free dieters!
- 1 13 oz can coconut milk
- 1 lb chicken thighs preferably organic pastured, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tablespoons Mae Ploy gluten-free curry paste
- or Thai Kitchen gluten-free curry paste
- 12 oz broccoli florets cleaned and trimmed (or green beans)
- 1 medium carrot shredded (optional)
- 1 colored pepper sliced in strips
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 bag cauliflower rice steamed and drained
Pour the can of coconut milk into a slow cooker (order here) with chicken thighs.
- Add the curry paste and stir slightly to mix in.
- Cook the curry mixture low for 4 hours.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, pepper, and cook for one more hour.
- If the mixture seems too thin cook for one more hour with the lid off.
- Another option is to move the mixture to the stovetop and simmer until it thickens up.
- Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over cauliflower rice.
- Top with cilantro and serve.
Net Carbs: 13.5 g,
Nutrition facts based on 4 servings
If you like this low carb coconut curry recipe, you will also want to try my Keto Pad Thai Recipe here.