I made this gluten and grain free Paleo keto sandwich bread recipe for my husband who was craving a sandwich. It was really light and fluffy for being gluten free bread. We don’t eat a lot of Paleo baked goods at our house but it is really fun to hold a piece of bread around some meat and veggies. This would be fun to toast for breakfast with some homemade chia jam. It is made with cashew meal which gives it a sweet taste with a light texture.
Keto Sandwich Bread Texture Similar to Typical Sandwich Bread
This keto sandwich bread kind of reminded me of the so called healthy whole wheat bread that I used to get in the health food store. It has the texture of sprouted Ezekiel bread which, by the way I do not think is healthy because there is still gluten no matter how long something is sprouted. Also it is impossible to sprout every kernel of wheat so the anti-nutrients will still be there. Sprouting doesn’t really impact the glycemic impact of wheat or white bread so most people just can’t withstand the blood sugar effects of eating sandwiches or toast.
Read more about my opinion of bread in my article: Are you eating a suicide sandwich?
More paleo, low carb and keto bread recipes for FREE on my blog:
Do you miss bread on your paleo and low carb healthy living or often crave sandwiches on your keto diet plan? Try my healthy bread recipes available for free on my blog. These recipes are perfect for paleo, low carb and ketogenic dieters. I am sure these would be fun to toast for breakfast or snack at any time of the day.
Be Sure to Pin It:
Keto Sandwich Bread Recipe
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line an 8 x 4″ loaf pan with a strip of parchment that only lines the bottom of the pan, not the sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sweetener, coconut oil and vinegar until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cashew meal, chia meal, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt until well mixed.
- Mix the dry ingredients slowly into the wet ingredients making sure not to over stir.
- Pour into the lined loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan 12 minutes.
- Remove from pan by pulling up on the parchment.
- Set the bread on a wire rack to cool completely for 15 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy.
- Store it in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for a few months.
For Paleo version: Use 2 tbsp honey in place of stevia powder extract
Net carbs: 2.6 g
Nutrition facts based on 8 servings
Looking for more paleo or ketogenic resources? This book will get you loosing weight in no time!