I wanted to make a banana bread that was free of eggs and nuts for people who may be following the autoimmune protocol of Paleo which is a stricter version of the diet that helps people tame their symptoms. I tried it for 8 weeks and felt a lot better but then I started traveling non-stop and got a little off track. I am glad I tried it and saw some results such as pain going away in my knee and less bloating. I would love to try it again when I am settled down for a while. It basically is no nuts, seeds and nightshades in addition to grains and dairy that is normally excluded on Paleo. There is a great guide here by my friend Mickey about how to do the autoimmune protocol. You can find this and 16 other AIP recipes in my breakfast e-book as well as 28 egg free recipes here.
Paleo Banana Bread with Carob Sauce (AIP and Egg Free)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes Yields: one 9-inch loaf
3/4 cup tapioca flour
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 medium ripe bananas
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
1 recipe Carob Sauce (below)
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9 by 4-inch loaf pan.
2. Mix the tapioca flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt in one bowl.
3. Mash the bananas with the vinegar and vanilla in another bowl until smooth.
4. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. It may be
helpful to use your hands to mix the dough.
5. Pour the dough in the loaf pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
8. Slice and serve with Carob Sauce
1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Melt the oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the sweetener and cocoa or carob with a whisk until smooth.
3. Drizzle over banana bread
For a lower carb version: Use stevia option instead of honey.
Be sure to pin it:
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes?
Here are some more of my bread recipes: