We are excited to welcome Carol Lovett from Ditch The Wheat! We discuss paleo grain free baking tips.
Read Carol’s Paleo Success Story HERE.
Or on iTunes here
Introduction: Welcome to the Health Nuts Podcast with certified holistic nutrition consultants Mary Vance & Caitlin Weeks. Our goal is to dispel mainstream nutrition myths and bring you the best in holistic health & real food education.
Disclaimer: The only purpose of this podcast is to educate and to inform. It is no substitute for professional care by a doctor or other qualified medical professional. This podcast is provided with the understanding that it does not constitute medical advice or services. Instead, we encourage you to discuss your with a licensed health care provider. Caitlin Weeks and Mary Vance assume no liability for any of your activities in connection with this podcast.
What is new on our blogs:
What is your favorite grain free treat?
Carol Bio: tell us more about getting into paleo and cooking background?
Paleo Baking Questions for Carol:
– What is Paleo or grain free baking?
– What are common mistakes with Paleo baking?
-What are your special hints/ tricks? cream of tartar, sifting, more…
-What is the difference between paleo baking and gluten free baking?
– What is the difference between coconut and almond flour? pros and cons..
– What are the conversions for almond flour and coconut flour?
– Help for people who are nut free? Is coconut a nut?
– Have you used much tapioca or arrowroot flour? Pros and cons…
– What sweeteners do you use and what are the differences?
– What can be used instead of eggs?
– How do you develop new recipes?
– How do you control yourself around all those treats? Some tips for readers to cope..
– What is your response to the criticism that paleo bloggers are making too many treats?
Questions from readers/facebook:
Gail: If I am using a regular recipe how do I convert the flour for almond flour?
Paleoified: Anyway to make croissants or puff pastry??
Sylvie: If a recipe calls for baking powder/soda, is it “grain free”? Also, most “grain free” recipes seem very dried out…? Thanks=)
Get Carol’s awesome book!
Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts
The e-book that will make your life sweet.
Order your copy today!Click here to view more details
- over 70+ recipes, including many nut-free & egg-free ones
- 162 pages of content
- troubleshooting tips to ensure quick success
If you’re on the hunt for delectable desserts, now is the time to buy Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts
You’ll learn how to make:
- Boston Cream Cake,
- Lemon Tarts,
- Apple Pie Cookies,
- Berry Danishes,
- Funnel Cake,
- & many other guilt-free, sweet treats!
Get excited about our upcoming guest!!
Leave us a review in iTunes and share with others!