Keto Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe –
I made this Keto Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe for a class I taught about essential oils for my friends. It was a big hit and everyone was asking for the recipe. Lots of my readers are always telling me they have sensitivities to nuts so this recipe could be a welcome addition to your collection. This recipe uses sunflower and pumpkin seeds for a nut free variation.
I added peppermint oil to this bark to make it have a cool and refreshing taste that is unforgettable. I only recommend using these oils.
Keto Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a few cups of water in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Place the chocolate and honey (if using stevia add it when adding the seeds) in a glass bowl then place it over the sauce pan.
- Let the chocolate mixture melt slowly and stir periodically.
- While the chocolate is melting spread out the seeds on the sheet pan evenly and toast them for about 10 minutes or until they taste toasted.
- Remove the seeds from the oven and set aside.
- Move the bowl of chocolate away from the heat and stir in the peppermint oils and the seeds (and stevia) until well mixed.
- Spread the mixture back on the same parchment until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator to set.
- When the bark has hardened, remove it from the fridge and break it into small pieces.
- Store the bark in a glass container in a cool place until ready to serve.
For Paleo Version: Use 1/2 cup honey in place of stevia
For Peppermint vitality oil: only get the ones I recommend here
Net Carbs: 5.1 g
Nutrition facts based on 12 servings, using low carb option sweetener
Are interested in learning more about essential oils?
Looking for more nut free low carb and keto dessert recipes?
Here I share some of my nut free and sugar free healthy dessert recipes that are great as healthy snacks or as breakfast on the go!
If you are looking for more great nut free and low carb breakfast options?
Get my e-book here with 52 recipes free of refined sugar, dairy, gluten and wheat and 44 of them are nut free and 28 of them are even egg free for people with allergies or may be tired of eggs.
Fill your tummy with my tasty recipes that will support your health goals, get my e-book here!
Be sure to pin it: