Low Carb Keto Breakfast Bagels with Sesame Seeds (Paleo and Nut Free)
Of course in my former pre-Paleo life I loved bagels and grew up in the 1990’s heyday of whole grain hedonism. There was a bagel shop that popped up on every corner when I was kid. I love bagels with light cream cheese or low fat spray butter which does not provide nutrient density. Lots of Paleo bagels are made with a lot of carbs such a tapioca or arrowroot. My readers often tell me that doesn’t go down well and for me too it is not ideal. I wanted to make a bagel that has a chewy texture but is still low in carbs.
Another issue is nuts, many times almond flour is like a brick in my stomach so I avoid eating too much. My husband will not eat a burger without at least a gluten free bun. He was excited when I made these and we used them at dinner for our hamburgers. It was great to hold somethings and not just have a lettuce wrap. These bagels would be great with my strawberry and cream jam.
Low Carb Keto Breakfast Keto Bagels with Sesame Seeds
These Low Carb Keto Bagels with Sesame Seeds are great for breakfast! They are perfect for paleo, low carb, ketogenic and gluten, dairy, sugar, and nut free dieters!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the eggs, flax, and vinegar in one bowl and let the mixture sit until gelled about 5 minutes.
- Mix the coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt in another bowl.
- Combine the two mixtures and pour into a greased bagel/donut pan.
- Add the sesame seeds on top and place in the oven to bake.
- Check the bagels after 12 minutes and leave in a bit longer if needed.
- Let them cool outside of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
Net Carbs: 1.7 g
Nutrition facts based on 6 servings
Try my other Paleo, low carb, keto & grain free breakfast breads, donuts and muffins recipes here:
And you will also like my strawberry and cream jam that goes great with breakfast.
Looking for more healthy breakfast recipes?
Be sure to pin it: