Keto Chocolate Chip Energy Ball Recipe
I saw a similar recipe but it had oats and I knew my readers are not into oats. So I wanted to see if I could make this gluten free and low carb. Oats are often contaminated during the processing because they are packaged in factories that have wheat products. Also oats can be so similar to wheat that the body still thinks that it is gluten and can cause gut irritation and autoimmune flare ups.
Be careful when you make these because they are addicting. I made this healthy keto chocolate chip energy snack ball recipe the day I was going over to my new friend, Shannon Garrett’s house who had invited us for dinner. I was going to take a picture then place them in the freezer. Well I ate 5 during the photo shoot so I decided to pack them all up and take them over to my friends house. She seemed very excited to have them because she has Hashimoto’s too and she eats the same way I do. Check out her site which has awesome articles for thyroid patients here.
Need more delicious keto energy snacks recipes to provide you fats you need to help you catch up with daily macros?
Try these free keto snacks recipes available on my blog:
Keto Chocolate Chip Energy Snack Ball Recipe
This Healthy Keto Chocolate Chip Energy Snack Ball Recipe is perfect for low carb, paleo,, ketogenic, vegan, gluten, grain, dairy, sugar and nut free diet.
- 1 cup tahini sesame seed butter or sunbather or peanut butter will also work
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners is best
- or stevia extract powder 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract gluten free
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup almond butter or sunbutter for nut free (order here)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 oz 85% dark chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic chia seeds
- Mix the tahini, vanilla, and sweetener until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Freeze the bowl for 30 minutes and then roll into 1 inch balls, placing evenly on parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 1 hour before serving. Store in the freezer between serving.
- Note: if using stevia these will be thinner and harder to roll.
For Paleo version: use 1/2 cup coconut sugar in place of swerve or stevia
Net Carbs: 4.9 g
Nutrition facts based on 16 servings
Want simple KETO meals and snacks that taste great and supercharge your body?
I have created a closed Facebook group for people who want to do Keto diet for easier weight loss and maximizing energy.
This group features Paleo Keto diet nutrition tips and low carb, real food recipes to help you get started on a balanced and thoughtful ketogenic diet. Join this group here