Keto Key Lime Pie Recipe
Get ready to be excited for the best keto Key Lime Pie recipe ( with a dairy free option)! I was born in the Wilmington, North Carolina and it seemed like every special occasion there was a key lime pie that was mandatory. My dad is from Charleston, SC and it was his favorite too so I like to make it for him on his birthday. This year I wanted to make a keto version of key lime pie for him that was sugar free with a dairy free option. This pie got rave reviews from my family including my dad and husband who are both fans of regular key lime pie (not keto key lime pie).
One of the most important ingredients here is the gelatin that is the insurance that this pie will come together and have the right texture. It does have eggs but they are sometimes not enough to make it just right. Also Gelatin provides nutrients missing from the western diet that were very important for our ancestors who had much more robust health than we do today. This Best Keto Key Lime Pie Recipe is a perfect way to get more gelatin in your diet!
I love to use gelatin and collagen in my fatty coffee, also for keto recipes. I have used several brands but the one that has been really impressing me lately is from a great company called FURTHER FOOD!It is an awesome company that makes collagen supplements that are truly from the heart.
A message from Further Food!
We are a 3 woman owned & led supplement company – one of the only out there! We started the company because all three of us have been impacted by chronic illness in our lives, myself with Hashimoto’s. We started the company to heal ourselves and to inspire others to use real food to heal. We source only the absolute highest quality ingredients, and we do it all ourselves to guarantee our collagen and gelatin is exclusively grass-fed, pasture-raised, AND hormone-free and antibiotic-free. In addition our source is the most tasteless and odorless on the market making it the easiest to use!
3 REASONS TO USE MORE COLLAGEN and GELATIN
Best Keto Key Lime Pie Recipe (dairy free option):
Ingredients for Lime Pie
- 1 13 oz can coconut milk
- or heavy cream 1 pint
- zest of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Swerve optional
- or Lakanto
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Further Food gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- whipped cream for serving, optional
- limes sliced, for garnish, optional
Instructions for Lime Pie
- Make the crust and let it cool (recipe below, optional).
- Mix the cream, egg yolks, lime juice and zest, sweetener, salt in a bowl with a whisk.
- Heat up water, about 2/3 full, in a sauce pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Place stainless steel bowl over the sauce pan, creating a double boiler, and stir continuously until the mixture starts to thicken, resembling a pudding and is sticking to the whisk.
Mix the water and the Further Foods gelatin (order here) in a small bowl until dissolved, no clumps.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the bowl of cream and mix well.
- Remove the bowl from heat and pour into the cooled pie crust, use a spatula to clean the sides of the bowl to make sure it fills the pie crust.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for 2 hours until set and chilled.
- Garnish with sliced lime and whipped cream, if desired.
- Note: this recipe can be made as a pudding without the crust, if desired.
Instructions for Easy Almond Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the almond flour and the salt in one bowl.
- Beat the egg, butter and sweetener in another.
- Combine the two mixtures well and then form the dough into a ball with your hands.
- Transfer the dough into a pie plate and press along the sides until the pie plate is covered evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the crust cool before adding any filling.
- It can be frozen for a few weeks if needed.
Nutrition facts based on 8 servings
Net Carbs: 5.5 g
Want to make the Best Keto Key Lime Pie Recipe?
Further Food has issues a special discount code for 15% off for your community and followers! Use code GRASSFEDGIRL, which is automatically applied with this link:ORDER HERE.
Be Sure to Pin It: