Mediterranean Paleo Chicken Salad –
I love Paleo chicken salad because it is free of rancid oils that are used in traditional recipes that have soybean or canola oil mayonnaise.
Mediterranean Paleo Chicken Salad
1 roasted chicken (organic, soy-free and pastured is best)
(Try my easy roasted chicken recipe) (or Rotisserie will work)
1/2 cup of olive oil mayo, recipe below
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 head of romaine or butter lettuce
1 red onion, diced
1 lemon, juiced
Sea salt and pepper as desired
(always choose organic produce when possible)
Shred the chicken with your hands or chop up and put it in a big bowl.
Add the homemade mayo (below), red onion, cilantro, lemon, sea salt and pepper.
Mix well and serve on a lettuce boat.
Olive Oil Mayo:
4-5 egg yolks, at room temperature (soy-free organic is best)
1 cup of olive oil (I like this one)
1 Tbsp of lemon juice
Sea salt and pepper
Beat the eggs in the food processor for a few seconds.
Slowly add the olive oil in a continuous drizzle.
Keep the food processor going until a nice emulsion forms.
You may not need all of the olive oil.
Add the lemon juice and beat a little more.
This will keep for about a week.
Are you looking for more recipes like this?
Want more simple healthy food with a Mediterranean flair?
Does this sound like you?Do you have allergies/sensitivities to gluten, dairy, and soy? Do you want to get healthy but think you have to eat boring, tasteless food to achieve your goals? Do you worry that you are feeding your family too much processed and chemical-laden junk food?
Has your doctor told you to follow an anti-inflammatory diet? Do ethnic recipes and exotic spices intimidate you? Have you heard about the benefits of the Mediterranean diet or Paleo diet but don’t know where to start? Are you always hungry but “balanced” meals and snacks never seem to fill you up? Are you missing some of your favorite foods from your pre-Paleo diet?
If so, our new Mediterranean Paleo Cookbook is for you!
- Nutritionist Caitlin offers a shopping list, meal plans, healthy food buying guide and nutrition tips throughout the book!
- Plus, Chef Nabil teaches the reader how to make signature dishes from North Africa, the Middle East and southern Europe such as Tajines and french sauces. His chef tips throughout, teach people the best technique.
This book will spice up your Paleo/Low Carb Diet/ Real Food diet!
It will let you:
- Make authentic Moroccan slow-cooked Tajine’s
- Make your own healing broths including: chicken, beef and fish.
- Make many of your own French sauces: Bearnaise, Hollandaise, Aoili, Beurre Blanc, mushroom reduction and more.
- Learn how to use authentic Mediterranean spices such as cinnamon, cumin and cilantro, paprika, ginger, and saffron.
- Learn to make simple dishes to wow your family and friends at dinner parties.
- Eat like you went on a vacation without leaving home.
- Learn how to make crispy pizza and chewy pasta with easy to find ingredients.
- Stay on your gluten, dairy, soy, corn free diet but feel like you are cheating!
- Have your cake and eat it too with 18 guilt free desserts free of processed ingredients.
Pre-order this book here!
Kate @ Eat, Recycle, Repeat says
Ooo I am so excited for this! I love Mediterranean food and all your recipes have been amazing. This is gonna be great!