Low Carb Paleo Chachouka –
This Low Carb Paleo Chachouka is an easy savory, meat weeknight dish you can throw together after a busy workday. It has common ingredients but the flavors will take you worlds away. My husband made this for me when we first got married and I loved it. I learned how to make it shortly after and it is a go to meal for us. He grew up in the Mediterranean region eating these wonderful flavors such as cumin, paprika and cilantro.
Low Carb Paleo Chachouka
1 Tbsp grass fed butter
1 lb diced boneless pastured chicken thighs
(you can also use grass fed ground beef)
1 1/3 cups chopped onion
2-3 thinly sliced bell peppers – use many colors
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
2 Tbps organic tomato paste
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Sea salt to taste
1/4 tsp chile powder
4 pastured eggs
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Stir in the onion, bell peppers, and garlic.
Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened and the onion has turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the chopped chicken, stir until browned.
Then combine the tomatoes,paste, cumin, paprika, salt, and chile into a bowl and mix briefly.
Pour the tomato mixture into the skillet, and stir to combine.
Simmer, uncovered, until the tomato juices have cooked off, about 10 minutes.
Make four indentations in the tomato mixture for the eggs.
Crack the eggs into the indentations.
Cover the skillet and let the eggs cook until they’re firm but not dry, about 5 minutes. Add fresh chopped cilantro at the end of the meal.
These pictures below are from another time for my parents and they loved it!
Looking for more Mediterranean Paleo Recipes?
We love these types of dishes so much we decided to write a cookbook full of these recipes!
Does this sound like you?
Do you have allergies/sensitivities to gluten, dairy, and soy?
Do you want to get healthy but think you have to eat boring, tasteless food to achieve your goals?
Do you worry that you are feeding your family too much processed and chemical-laden junk food?
Has your doctor told you to follow an anti-inflammatory diet?
Do ethnic recipes and exotic spices intimidate you?
Have you heard about the benefits of the Mediterranean diet or Paleo diet but don’t know where to start?
Are you always hungry but “balanced” meals and snacks never seem to fill you up?
Are you missing some of your favorite foods from your pre-Paleo diet?
Spice up your Paleo/Low Carb Diet/ Real Food diet!
- Make authentic Moroccan slow-cooked Tajine’s
- Make your own healing broths including: chicken, beef and fish.
- Make many of your own French sauces: Bearnaise, Hollandaise, Aoili, Beurre Blanc, mushroom reduction and more.
- Learn how to use authentic Mediterranean spices such as cinnamon, cumin and cilantro, paprika, ginger, and saffron.
- Learn to make simple dishes to wow your family and friends at dinner parties.
- Eat like you went on a vacation without leaving home.
- Learn how to make crispy pizza and chewy pasta with easy to find ingredients.
- Stay on your gluten, dairy, soy, corn free diet but feel like you are cheating!
- Have your cake and eat it too with 18 guilt free desserts free of processed ingredients.