Benefits of Maca and Hormone Balancing Smoothie
What is Maca: It is a cruciferous root vegetable grown in the Andes mountains of Peru that looks like a cross between a radish and a turnip.
Read benefits of Maca and hormone balancing smoothie made with maca.
Benefits of Maca:
- Maca is an adaptogenic root that helps your body handle and manage stress
- It’s known for increasing libido
- It is nourishing to the adrenals
- It is helpful in boosting energy
- Promotes fertility in men
- Maca can help menstrual issues and reduce menopause symptoms
- High in energy boosting B vitamins
- It has a nutty tastes to foods that add flavor to recipes
- It can be used as a thickener in soups and smoothies
- It is high in vital minerals such as calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- Can improve skin conditions such as acne
- Can help to reduce anxiety, stress, depression or mood swings because it contains amino acids the building blocks of feel good neurotransmitters
Take Note and Caution:
If you are pregnant or lactating you should avoid taking maca.
Start with a few tsp and work up to a maximum of two tablespoons.
Maca is a goitrogen so be careful if you have thyroid issues.
Always talk to your doctor before taking a new supplement and check for possible interactions with other medications.
This is a brand I have tried and liked: Maca
1 cup frozen blueberries
1-2 Tsp Maca
2 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
2 cups coconut milk, full fat in a can
1 Tbsp raw organic honey
OR 1/4 tsp stevia powder extract
1 tablespoon collagen peptides (order here)
Put everything in a blender until well combined.
Drink it all yourself or share it with a lucky friend!
Do you want more maca recipes?
Try my friend Mary’s Maca Truffels
Find Maca here:
Does this sound like you?
Have you heard about how good gelatin is for skin, hair and nails but don’t know how to use it?
Do you intend on getting bone broth in your diet but always forget to make it?
Do you love Jello but don’t know how to use all natural grass fed gelatin?
Do you have kids at home that you are trying to transition from junk food to nourishing real food treats?
This is the the book for you!
- 30 egg free recipes
- Low carb variations and substitutions
- All natural ingredients
- Gluten and grain free
- Fun for kids
- Helpful tips for cooking with gelatin throughout the book
- Re-learn how to make “Jello” in tasty and healthy ways
- Low in sugar and no refined sweeteners
- Super food recipes that will help with aches and pains
These quick and easy treat will have your family singing your praises.
Whip us a quick dessert that fits into your gluten and grain free diet but heals your body at the same time!