I wanted to give you 14 Ways to Overcome Your Sugar Addiction in this post.
Follow these simple steps to get rid of the sugar demons inside:
- Eat quality meat and eggs from pastured or grass fed animals at each meal to control blood sugar
- Eat wild fish 3 times a week for omega-3’s that help balance the brain and calm cravings.
- Eat good fat at every meal from coconut oil, grass fed butter, ghee, red palm oil, olive oil for balanced hormones
- Drink 64 oz of pure water daily for proper cellular function
- Eat 4-6 cups of colorful vegetables daily to detox, raw and cooked.
- Clean out your cupboards of tempting snacks and treats
- Don’t buy sugar filled products
- Associate with other people who do not eat sugar for support (such as OA, FA, Meetup or on Facebook)
- Do some exercise like walking, circuit training, sprinting, intervals 3 days a week
- Practice stress reliving exercises such as deep breathing, meditaion, eft, or restorative yoga slow 4-5 times a week.
- Find your burning reason to do this and keep it posted on the fridge.
- Get 8 hours of sleep from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am every night to reduce the cortisol.
- Work with a qualified health care practitioner to help choose sugar detox supplements such as l-glutamine
- Find excellent resources that will help you along the way such as the 21 Day Sugar Detox e-book. There is group support and free e-mails to keep you on track!
|A simple how to guide|
10 More Reasons to Ditch Sugar
1. Sugar is a drug because it depletes life force, vitamins and minerals from the body.
2. Sugar disrupts digestion, metabolism, and elimination.
3. Sugar starves cells of oxygen and they die off, causing a disease cascade.
4. The body uses calcium from bones and teeth to buffer the acidic effect too much sugar intake.
5. When the liver is full of stored sugar it sends the excess into the blood stream causing fatty acids to be stored as body fat and back into the organs. Eventually these fatty deposits cause organs to degenerate.
6. High blood pressure results from excess sugar ingestion because fatty acids slow down vital organ functioning.
7. Sugar is a major stressor on the body because it stimulates the sympathetic nervous system meaning the body is always in fight or flight mode. We want the body is in para-sympathetic mode to repair for preventing aging and disease.
8. The adrenal glands are over taxed by a sugar laden diet causing an over production of cortisol which leads to hormonal imbalance, depression, allergies, addictions and behavior problems like ADD/ ADHD.
9. The more sugar we eat the more we crave and it takes the place of nutrient dense foods we were designed to consume.
10. A diet full of processed foods and sugar allows overgrowth of yeasts, fungi, and candida, all organisms that thrive on sugar and increase cravings.
Start the new year off right!
Sign up for the 21 Day Sugar Detox and Start the new year right!
Be Aware: Don’t be fooled into thinking that artificial sweeteners are any better…
Read this awesome post about diet soda dangers here:
Sources: Chek, Paul (2004). Eat Move and Be Healthy. San Diego: Chek Institute.