I am very excited about Whole 9’s new book after seeing them at Paleo FX I knew they were the real deal!
10 Reasons to get their new book!
1. They write about the emotional and physiological impact of certain foods and why they are addictive (hint: gluten and casein).
2. They use a lot stories and pictures making hard to understand, technical concepts easy to grasp.
3. They live it themselves: Dallas came to Paleo to heal a nagging shoulder injury and Melissa overcame her carb cravings.
4. They have great summaries at the end of each chapter making concepts easy to remember, so you can wow your friends with your smarts.
5. The book comes with a great mapping tool on how to plan a complete meal which includes a meat, veggie, healthy fat and an herb/seasoning.
6. It has full descriptions and how to guides about doing a Whole 30 so you can kick your addiction to junk food in just 30 days (and most likely drop some unwanted pounds!).
7. It has a section about what foods to eat for a fertility, healthy pregnancy and optimal babies!
8. It has lots of awesome recipes with great pictures. Plus they tell you how to source the best food for sustainability and well-being. You can also get Whole 30 approved bacon here.
9. It has lots of inspiration from real life people’s testimonials who tried their program and succeeded in improving their health goals.
10. Includes resources for vegetarians who want to do Paleo for improved energy and performance.
You can get this awesome book right here for less that $20!
Or enter to win below by leaving a comment below that you completed the following steps:
1. Like Grass Fed Girl on Facebook and Follow on @GrassfedgirlSF on Twitter
2. Like Whole 9 on Facebook and Follow on Twitter
3. A sentence about why you are excited about Whole 9’s new book. ” It Starts With Food”
(Enter on or before before August 3, 2012. Contest winner will be chosen randomly and notified by Facebook, Twitter or e-mail)
I have done all the steps. I am so glad to have found you! I am excited about the book because I have once again cheated… I was trying to resist those organic Country life cookies on sale at my health food store… finally gave in (thought, what’s the harm in a little treat once in a while?) and they are like crack so no more for me! Also have been drinking too much in the last week, all of which has contributed to me gaining about 7 pounds. I love your page and glad to have discovered Bauman college as well because I would love to pursue this field for my career. I need inspiration like what you post about and the Whole9 book to get me going again… and I will.
Rebekah V. says
I have liked both on Facebook, as I don’t use Twitter.
My family and I started slowly about a year ago changing up our diet to make our lives healthier. I would love to have this book to gain even more knowledge on this new lifestyle.
I am super excited about the whole 9’s new book “it starts with food” because that is what I’ve been telling people for as long as I could remember! I love the fact that they take a holistic approach to health and add in all the other factors that affect health!
Oh darn. I don’t have a twitter account and really don’t want to add one. I already spend too much time on the computer. 😉 I do “like” you and Whole 9 on FB.
I am excited about the book as I know it is as good as the website. I would like to give it to a friend as a present.
Emily Darlington says
I liked and followed both you and Whole9. And how could I not be excited about this book?! Anything to add to my small but growing selection of paleo cookbooks – I left all my non-primal cookbooks back in Chicago and it felt SO good! Cookbooks are especially helpful for me because then I can share them with the non-primal people I love, and it helps legitimize our lifestyle and get them more interested in it. I loved meeting you at the potluck last weekend, and can’t wait to keep learning from you and the community at large!
Tony K says
I did 1 and 2 above.
I am excited about the recipes, the mapping tool sounds cool, and I need some motivation/inspiration.
Don in Arkansas says
I already like both sites on Facebook. I would like to have a copy of the book not only to help me maintain a health lifestyle but to share with friends.
Lisa P. says
I liked both on facebook. I am excited about the book because I think diet is so important and one of the biggest things people can do to improve their health.
I don’t have twitter either but I really want to read this book and then I want to pass it on to my 23 year old son and his fiance!! I really would love to inspire him to make some changes!!
Done and done! I’m excited about It Starts With Food because of its easily-understood explanations of the science behind the Paleo diet.
I started altering my diet after reading Wheat Belly at the beginning of the year. I transitioned to eating more paleo or primal while searching for wheat free recipes on the internet. I have managed to drop 25 lbs and would love the opportunity to receive this book and move forward to a healthier me.