- Green Chef is a USDA-certified organic meal kit company that delivers everything you need to make delicious home cooked dinners in just about 3 min. Green Chef offers a meal plan for everyone, including paleo, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, omnivore, carnivore, and now KETO!
- Green Chef supports local and sustainable farmers. Meet their suppliers here
- About your box: Your Keto meal kit contains 3 recipes, 2 servings each, for a total of 6 meals. They include macros for each recipe.
- Please note that if you are maintaining ketosis, you may want to reduce your vegetable portion and save some for the next day. Abundant veggies are a hallmark of our service, and we made the decision to maintain that feature in our keto meals. Our chefs are actively working on creative way to keep the dishes interesting while driving down the carb content even further. In addition, we are working on adding helpful tips for our customers to increase fat content.
- Each box contained 2 meals which is perfect for a busy couple. If you have a small child one meal might feed 3 people.
The first thing I made was the Salsa Verde Chicken. It had amazing lemon flavor paired with the salty capers made it memorable. It came with plenty of extra sauce, cauliflower and greens. My sister and her husband came over to eat and they were thrilled with their meal. They even thought the portions were plenty which is saying a lot because we are all big eaters.
Nutritional Info: 400 calories/ 14g fat / 10g carb / 50g protein
- 2 chicken breasts
- handful tarragon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup snap peas
- 10 kalamata olives
- handful parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted peppers
- START CHICKEN. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat about 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to hot pan. Sear 3 minutes. Flip. Sear 2 minutes.
- ROAST CHICKEN. Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 15-18 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. THERM Chicken is fully cooked when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- PREP CAULIFLOER & LEMON. Meanwhile, cut cauliflower into bite-size pieces, if needed. Peel four long strips of zest from lemon, avoiding bitter white pith. Halve lemon.
- START CAULIFLOWER.Heat 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil in pan used for chicken over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower to hot pan. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lemon zest. Squeeze juice from half lemon over pan, avoiding seeds. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Transfer pan to oven. Roast 10-12 minutes. (See Step 7 to finish.)
- MAKE SALSA VERDE. Meanwhile, de-stem tarragon and parsley; finely chop leaves together. Place herbs in a small bowl. Mince garlic. Finely chop capers. Add garlic and capers to bowl with herbs. Squeeze juice from remaining half lemon over bowl, avoiding seeds. Drizzle with 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- MAKE SALAD. Place arugula in a medium bowl. Remove any fibrous strings from snap peas. Cut in half at an angle. Roughly chop Kalamata olives. Add snap peas, roasted red peppers, and olives to bowl with arugula. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
FINISH CAULIFLOWER. Add almonds to pan with cauliflower (pan is still hot!). Stir to combine. Roast 2-3 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender and almonds are lightly toasted. Discard lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste.
- PLATE YOUR DISH. Divide lemon-roasted cauliflower and arugula-olive salad between plates. Serve chicken over top. Spoon salsa verde over chicken to taste. Enjoy!
Next was the Lamb Shakshuka which I knew I would enjoy because lamb is my jam! I love how fatty it is and the smell puts me over the moon. This dish had more Indian curry flavors than Mediterranean which was surprising but I had no trouble scarfing it down. I loved the drippy egg on top.
Nutritional Info: 500 calories/ 26g fat / 20g carb / 37g protein
I am a sucker for anything resembling sushi and this dish fit the bill. I loved the stir fried veggies which were cooked with coconut aminos that are soy free and give a salty and sweet taste. With their instructions I think it was the first time I didn’t overcook tuna. I loved the crunchy sesame seeds that were on top and I forgot the toasted chases when I took the picture, oops. My mom ate this one with me and we were both impressed.
Nutritional Info: 450 calories/ 12g fat / 34g carb / 51g protein