Keto Creamed Spinach Recipe
My husband taught me how to make this keto creamed spinach recipe a few years ago. I wanted to put it on my blog for a while but I didn’t get a good picture until yesterday when I made this for an Easter get together. This keto creamed spinach recipe is my stepmom’s favorite so I made it to make her happy. I have been doing the carnivore diet for a while and it has been amazing (see my YouTube videos) but I still like to make keto recipes for my husband and family. We had this with smoked brisket and it was an awesome combination.
The onion and garlic provide a great base of flavor for the spinach. This is a great recipe for a keto diet because it is high in fat from cheese and cream but low in carbs because it is gluten free with no breadcrumbs or flour. The cheese thickens up the casserole nicely then when it is broiled the top has a nice crispy shell that will have everyone asking for second helpings. This is a wonderful recipe for any family get together and will even appease vegetarian friends.
My husband made this for us one time in Destin on vacation and we had it along side shrimp scampi. It was the first time any of us had tried it instantly became a favorite that we ask for over and over. I had to learn how to make it because my husband is usually out working and I became the chef at home. When I met him I was using a microwave and eating lean cuisines. How things have changed!
Sorry this one is not dairy free but you can get some of my other casserole recipes below:
Be sure to pin it
Keto Creamed Spinach Recipe
This nutrition packed keto creamed spinach recipe makes for a great keto side dish full of healthy fats, an amazing rich taste and creamy cheesy flavor. It is naturally thickened without high carb flours, so equally perfect for paleo, low carb, gluten and grain free dieters.
- Place a cast iron skillet (or oven safe skillet) over medium heat and melt half the butter.
- Add the onion to the pan and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Sauté the onion until translucent and add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then remove the pan from the heat.
- In another large frying pan, add the rest of the butter, when the pan is hot add the spinach, and 1/2 teaspoon salt and sauté.
- When the spinach is thawed and warm transfer it to a strainer.
- Place the strainer over a towel or in the sink and squeeze out the water with hands or the back of a spoon.
- Put the spinach into the cast iron over medium heat and add the cream and cayenne until the cream starts to bubble.
- Add half the cheese and stir until well combined.
- Adjust salt to taste and remove from heat.
- Place the rest of the cheese over the top of the spinach mixture, evenly.
- Turn on the oven to broil and place the cast iron inside for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Net Carbs: 6.9 g
Nutrition facts based on 6 servings.
Looking for more low carb recipes?
This is one of my favorite e-book resources to lose weight in a healthy way with real food. It is written by my friend Kim who lost over 100 lbs on a low carb diet.
Get it here: