My husband loves this low carb and keto pizza crust and whenever he is cutting his carbs he asks for it. It can be dairy free depending on the topping you add to this paleo friendly pizza. I hope you like it as much as we do and you can find more great recipes like this in our book Mediterranean Paleo Cooking.
Low Carb Pizza Crust
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins| Yield: 1 (12-inch) pizza crust
2 1/4 cups blanched almond flour ( order here)
1/4 cup ground flax seeds (order here)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (order here)
1 teaspoon fine sea salt (order here)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (order here)
2 large eggs, beaten (order here)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. If using a pizza stone, place it on the middle of the rack of the oven.
- Place the almond flour, flax seeds, olive oil, salt, pepper, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Set the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper and press it into a circle that’s about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. Place it on a baking sheet or pizza stone, still on the parchment paper.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes and remove from the oven. Add toppings of choice and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition info: coming soon
Want more Mediterranean Paleo recipes like this one? Then you must check out my cookbook: Mediterranean Paleo Cooking which features…
- Over 150 Paleo-friendly recipes inspired by the relaxed coastal attitude and ingredients of the Mediterranean – all gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy-free.
- Chef’s tips from Nabil help you learn as you go, with advice on cooking and techniques for Mediterranean ingredients
- Nutritionist’s tips from Caitlin to educate you on the health benefits of Mediterranean foods
- Familiar, comfort-food favorites are modified for a Paleo lifestyle, including pizza, pasta, rice, biscuits, and brownies
- Mediterranean recipe favorites, recreated including: falafel, pita bread, moussaka, hummus, and biscotti cookies.
- Recipe/ingredient notes and swaps for those who have food allergies (including to eggs and nuts) as well as for those following a low FODMAP diet, lower carbohydrate diet, SCD or GAPS diet, or the autoimmune protocol
- Two 30-day meal plans to help you jump-start your Paleo lifestyle: for general health or to follow an autoimmune protocol
- six different menu plans perfect for a weeknight dinner party or special occasion (including one that is 100% AIP compliant or is easily modified to be so with notes on the recipes)
- 18 guilt-free desserts with no refined sugar
- Shopping lists and an optimal food buying guide make it easy to find the right ingredients.
Order Here Now!
Don’t forget to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest boards!
Sounds good. About how large a crust does this make?
Caitlin Weeks says
6-8 pieces, feeds 3-4 people.
Glen Kirkland says
where can we print printer friendly copies without the ads?
Caitlin Weeks says
Just push the printer friendly button. Thanks