- High in cancer fighting CLA
- CLA is often sold as an expensive diet supplement but it is plentiful in 100% grass fed bison and beef
- An anti-inflammatory 3/1 omega 6:3 ratio
- High in omega-3’s that are lost in feed lot animals
- High levels of thyroid supporting zinc and selenium
- Almost minuscule incidence of pathogenic bacteria such as E-coli
- High levels of iron that many people are lacking
- High levels of fat soluble vitamins- including vitamin A, D and vitamin K2/activator X occur in the fat of grass-fed animals. These vitamins are needed for building bone and proper immune system health.
Grass Fed Bison and Cinnamon Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 large carrot, shredded
1 shallot, mined
1 bulb of fennel, finely chopped
1 acorn squash
4 oz grass fed ground beef or bison
1 soy free egg or (1/4 cup applesauce for egg allergies)
2 tsp cinnamon
Sea Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
Cut the acorn squash in half and core the seeds.
Place in a baking dish face down in 1 inch of water.
Bake for about 20 minutes until it is a little soft.
In the frying pan saute the shallot, shredded carrots and fennel in coconut oil.
Once the vegetables are soft put them in a mixing bowl with the meat, egg and spices.
Mix the mixture thoroughly with your hands.
Take the acorn squash out of the oven and add the meat mix into the opening of the squash.
Bake for 20 more minutes in the same casserole dish (remove the water from earlier).
Serve with you favorite greens and a serving of raw sauerkraut.