Dd you know the benefits of coconut for brain health, weight loss, healthy skin and much more?
Many people today are afraid of fat but the type of fat you consume can make all the difference. Fat from coconut has amazing health promoting properties. This perfect food has been crowded out of the marketplace because of toxic corn, soybean, and canola oil manufacturers and USDA agricultural interests.
In the1950’s coconut oil was demonized because it raised cholesterol in an animal study using partially hydrogenated coconut oil, meaning it was devoid of essential fatty acids. Coconut oil has been used for 4,000 years as a medicinal food in Ayurdvedic medicine.Coconut oil is considered a miracle oil, called the “tree of life” in the Philippines, because of its healing properties and has been used for thousands of years by native people.
Coconut for Brain Health, Weight Loss, Healthy Skin and Much More!
- Protective against heart disease because it decreases belly fat stores when eaten in place of vegetable oils
- Decreases inflammation associated with too much consumption of common rancid vegetable oils- such as soybean, corn, and canola oils
- Increases HDL, the “good cholesterol”
- In countries where coconut makes up 30% to 60% of the calories in the diet they have no cardiovascular disease
- Coconut is a main food of Thailand where cancer rates are half that of 50 other countries in a study done by the National Cancer Institute
- Coconut oil has no cholesterol
- Coconut oil has immune boosting healing powers such as killing candida/yeast, parasites, and fungi
- Anti-viral properties have been used in HIV treatment
- A healthy fat that is safe for cooking at high temperatures because it will not cause oxidation/ free radicals
- If eaten as 40% of caloric intake, coconut oil protects the liver from fatty liver disease caused by corn oil, canola oil, soybean oils and alcohol consumption
- Needed for calcium and magnesium absorption
- A great source of zinc, selenium, copper, and manganese
- Coconut oil is converted by the body into the hormone pregnenolone (usually very depleted by stress in most people)
- A main source of lauric acid- an essential fat, which is a critical component of breast milk- meaning it is nature’s perfect food
- Lauric Acid is vital to our health as an antimicrobial agent because it fights harmful parasites, viruses, and bacteria in our body
- Mostly made of medium chain (over 65%) fatty acids which are readily used for energy not stored as fat
- Coconut oil increases thermogenesis, the rate that the body burns calories
- Easily digested requiring no pancreatic juices
How to Purchase: Buy organic virgin coconut oil from Tropical Traditions. It is very shelf stable and can be heated to high temperatures. Also coconut water is a very replenishing source of electrolytes during an illness or post workout. It is best straight from a young coconut, usually found at Asian markets. Coconut milk makes a wonderful dairy substitute, as well as perfect curries or in coffee and tea. This brand can be found in cans without t BPA linings. You can also eat coconut meat in shreds, just be sure it is organic and unsweetened. Find great coconut products here
Healing Foods by Micheal Murray N.D.