I first tried Redmond Real Salt about 7 years ago when I was in holistic nutrition school in Berkley at Bauman College. While visiting a classmate’s house I noticed she had bottles of Redmond Mineral Sea Salt all over her kitchen. I noticed the pink color and the salt had more texture than other table salt I had grown up eating. In school I was learning about how the type of salt we eat is so important in order to get more minerals and that natural unrefined salt is actually a super food. When we are eating unprocessed foods such a meat and veggies it is important to add more salt because there is hardly any to start out with. I have been an avid sea salt user ever since and I always get the highest quality I can afford which is why Redmond is the perfect balance of affordability and nutrient density.
Real Salt is the only brand of sea salt harvested from an ancient, pristine ocean near Redmond, Utah. We bring it to you exactly as nature created it – unrefined, ancient sea salt with a complete blend of minerals and a subtle, sweet flavor unlike any salt on earth.
Real Salt contains trace minerals that are processed out of conventional table salt that every cell of our body needs to carry out their vital functions. Ancient cultures prized good salt and fought wars over it because they knew it was so vital to health.
Another thing to think about is the environmental impact of the salt you buy. Himalayan salt comes from 8000 miles away and that takes a heavy toll on the earth. Sometimes the salt mines have unsafe practices that can harm workers. Real Salt owns its mines that contain salt from ancient sea beds in Utah where they have stringent safety practices and even use solar to power there operations.
Health Benefits of Real Salt:
- Supports Libido
- Regulates blood pressure
- Supports strong bones
- Helps rid toxins from the body
- Supports digestion and satiety
- Aids in muscle recovery after workouts
- Robust respiratory function
- Supple skin and hair
- Helps with blood sugar regulation
- Supports high energy levels
- Helps with good circulation
An overview of some of the essential in sea salt from Dr. Mercola:
There are 84 trace minerals in sea salt that all offer various benefits. Here’s a rundown of five of the most important trace minerals found naturally occurring ancient sea salt.
- Sodium: The body needs it for various functions, as it helps with contracting and relaxing muscles, preventing dehydration and low blood pressure levels and sending nervous system impulses.
- Calcium:13 It’s heralded for its capabilities in protecting heart muscles, building strong bones, gums and teeth, inhibiting the onset of kidney stones, premenstrual depression and obesity, regulating blood pressure levels and promoting a healthy alkaline pH level.
- Magnesium: This is a vital component of the body’s biochemical processes. Magnesium also plays a role in promoting proper formation of bones and teeth, relaxing blood vessels, enhancing muscle and nerve function, regulating blood sugar and insulin sensitivity and promoting creation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) or the body’s energy currency.14, 15
- Iron: It serves in promoting immune system strength and energy production. Iron’s main function, however, lies in hemoglobin production that is an important step in oxygen transportation throughout the body.
- Potassium: Himalayan salt contains higher amounts of potassium compared to other natural and unprocessed salts. This helps your body maintain a balanced potassium-to-salt ratio.
Watch the video below about why Redmond salt is vital to health. The right kind of salt makes the biggest difference. Salt is an essential element of the electrical current that flows through our body which means without salt we would die.
Enter to win the Real Salt Seasoning Pack giveaway below!