Wondering if you can still enjoy your favorite acai bowl on a healthy low carb ketogenic diet plan? If you are like me you would not give up on your favorite acai bowl breakfast or snack.
The good news is you can have quick nutrient packed keto acai bowl with simple tweaks to the recipe ingredients. I create satisfying keto acai bowl recipes by loading up on healthy fats, cutting the carbs and using keto friendly protein powder. And this recipe is one of those efforts and I am sure it will become your favorite breakfast treat.
Keto Acai Bowl Recipe
I first had an acai bowl in Kauai Hawaii on vacation but it was not a low carb recipe. You can see our pictures from that trip here. It was when I first went Paleo, wow, that has been 6 years ago but it has flown by! Later on someone opened an acai bowl shop on our street in Nob Hill where I gained more experience ordering the bowls and tailoring the toppings to suit my needs.
It is common to have granola added to these bowls which adds a lot of carbs and gluten which is very hard to digest and will send your blood sugar spiking and crashing all morning. Also these bowls tend to be low on protein which will make you hangry by lunch. I lowered the drastically lowered sugar in this recipe and added some protein from gelatin and an pastured egg which has more omega-3 fats than a regular egg.
With amazing texture and delicious toppings,this nutrient packed keto acai bowl recipe is so creamy and refreshing. It will keep you full and focused until lunch or split it with your cutie after dinner for a yummy treat. This is a perfect treat for low carb, gluten free and dairy free dieters.
Let me know how you like it in the comments.
Keto Acai Bowl Recipe
This Keto Acai Bowl Recipe is perfect as breakfast or as a healthy dessert for low carb, Ketogenic, dairy, gluten, grain and sugar free dieters.
- 1 scoop acai powder optional
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk, used: unsweetened almond milk (more as needed to blend)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or substitute with more almond milk
- 1 tablespoon collagen from grass fed cows
- 2 cups frozen blueberries or strawberries use strawberries for less carbs
- 1 drop grapefruit vitality essential oil optional
- 1 raw pastured egg optional
- Blend together the acai smoothie pack, frozen fruit, non-dairy milks, essential oil, collagen, and egg, if using.
- Blend the ingredients in a high speed blender until creamy, but still very thick and frosty (I use this Vitamix and love it! order here).
- You may need to add more non-dairy milk if needed to blend, very slowly.
- Stop the blender and use a spoon or the muddling device on the Vitamix to stir the contents if it gets too thick.
- After the berry mixture is well blended, spoon it out into a bowl. Use a chilled bowl to keep it from melting.
- Add the toppings in a pretty pattern, if desired (a tip for Instgramers) and feel free to experiment with other topping ideas but be aware they may add more carbs, if that is your concern.
- Eat with a spoon and enjoy as breakfast or as a healthy dessert.
Net Carbs: 9.7 g
Nutrition facts based on 2 servings, this was using frozen strawberries for lower carb count
Be Sure to Pin It: