The great folks over at Jones Dairy Farm wanted me to try their awesome products and I always jump at the chance to incorporate more liver into my diet, especially incognito, like in this Keto Carnivore Diet Chaffle Benedict Recipe with Braunschweiger slices. This keto/carnivore chaffle benedict recipe is perfect for brunch, holidays or a day off, just playing hookie from life.
I made this Keto Carnivore Diet Chaffle Benedict Recipe for a weekend brunch and no one even noticed that I incorporated Braunschweiger Liverwurst slices because Jones Dairy Farm only uses the freshest ingredients and spices that complement the meaty goodness of this easy to use Braunschweiger spread, chunk or slices.
A chaffle is a cheese and egg waffle that is super easy to make and very low carb and keto friendly. Poached eggs are super easy to make and my blender hollandaise takes less than 5 minutes to make. You will feel like you are eating in a 5 star restaurant when you make this amazing dish: keto carnivore chaffle benedict recipe. It has decadent hollandaise sauce, nutritious liverwurst and comforting chaffles, topped with gooey poached eggs.
When I first tried the Jones all natural sausages, I loved them because they are free of fillers and preservatives or other ingredients that most people can’t even identify. Their fully cooked sausage is easy-to-use and something you can actually feel good about feeding your family.
Jones makes it easy to incorporate liver in your diet with a variety of liverwurst products. I’ve tried their Braunschweiger chunk and chub so I was happy to hear they also made liver sausage slices. They are all low carb and keto friendly with no gluten or grains. Also Jones Dairy Farm products are easy to find in most grocery stores and they are very affordable.
The great thing about Jones Dairy Farm is that they are a six generation, Wisconsin company that has been making healthy real food for more than 130 years. The recipes are passed down for generations and are timeless nourishment. Their mission is to deliver natural, authentic, high-quality products that you and your family can feel good about. It’s a promise they have delivered on since 1889. It’s a promise they make—from their family to yours.
10 ways to use liverwurst slices for keto recipes:
- Put slices in between chaffles
- Spread on your favorite crackers (get my keto flax cracker recipe here)
- Eat it with pork rinds
- Mix chunks into your scrambled eggs to make a hash
- Have some slices on some low carb bread
- Make a lettuce wrap with the braunschweiger slices and tomato
- Cut it up as finger foods for babies and toddlers
- Take to a party on a cheese charcuterie tray
- Take it in a picnic to the park or beach
- Pack slices in a lunch box with crudités
Keto Chaffle Benedict Recipe
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Pulse 2 eggs and shredded cheese in the blender until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the blender.
- Cook the waffle for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and they easily lift out of the machine.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up and set the cooked waffles aside.
- Put the lemon, egg yolks in the blender and mix until combined.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat until fully liquid.
- With the blender running on a low setting, very, very slowly add the butter to the egg yolk mixture in a thin stream until all used up.
- After a minute or two an emulsion starts to form.
- Make sure to keep the thin stream very steady and slow to avoid breaking the hollandaise.
- When all the butter is added, the hollandaise should be medium thickness and ready to serve.
- Set the sauce aside and move to poaching the eggs.
- Fill a small saucepan ¾ of the way with water, add the salt and vinegar.
- Place it over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Use a whisk to get the water going in a swirling motion.
- Drop the eggs into the water and let them cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them and place on a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Use a frying pan to heat up the braunschweiger for 1-2 minutes over medium heat to get it browned on both sides.
- Assemble the dish placing the waffles on a plate, topped with braunshweiger, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and fresh herbs, if using.
- Serve and enjoy.