How to Cook the Perfect Indoor Steak –
My husband is a chef and he taught me how to cook the perfect steak so I wanted to share it with you. As a nutrition consultant I see people eating lots of white breast chicken and fake soy burgers. But I urge you to re-think your low fat menu ideas! It is okay to eat beef again and I think we have shunned this super food for far too long. Most of the studies that show beef is bad for heart health have been done using genetically modified corn-fed, confined, antibiotic filled cows. 100% Grass fed beef on the other hand has healthy omega-3’s and fat burning CLA. Read more about the benefits of grass fed beef here.
How to Cook the Perfect Indoor Steak
- Coat the steak with real salt and pepper on both sides
- Let it sit for about 20 minutes until it is room temperature.
- Turn your oven on to 400 to get it warmed up
- On the stove top, turn your burner on high and melt meat fat in this Cast Iron Skillet
- When the fat has melted and is sizzling, sear your steak on each side for one minute
- Then place the whole frying pan in the oven for three to 7 more minutes depending on your desired meat temperature
- Use your finger and touch the outside to figure out the temperature
- I always pull it out before I think it is done, because you can not go back!
- Rare: Red, cool to warm center and the meat will be soft and spongy: 3 minutes
- Medium rare: Red, warm center and the meat will have a springy firmness: 5 minutes
- Medium: Hot, pink center and the meat will be less springy than medium rare: 7 minutes
- Let the steak rest for 1-3 minutes after removing from the oven
- Serve with raw sauerkraut as a digestive aid and fresh herbs for antioxidants
- Enjoy with a side of Brussels sprouts or broccoli and baked sweet potato with grass fed butter such as this brand.
10 Keto Diet Mistakes
Avoid these 10 Keto Mistakes to lose weight fast.