Forgot to thaw a Ribeye steak ahead of time? Don’t worry. You can still make a perfect carnivore ribeye steak from frozen in the air fryer without defrosting it. Yes, you can just remove the steak packaging and load the super hard frozen one right into your air fryer for cooking with my simple recipe.
Perfect Carnivore Ribeye Steak from Frozen in the Air Fryer
This recipe is great for speeding up cooking on the carnivore diet without compromising the taste and juiciness of steak. It preserves the middle to be very tender and the outside perfectly crispy. My friend Scott from the Carnivore Cast told me about this method of cooking steak from frozen in the air fryer. It feels so great when you always have something ready to eat even when you have not had a chance to defrost. It is perfect for anyone on a keto or carnivore diet who comes home after a long day at work.
Just pop a frozen steak, lightly salted, in the air fryer and it comes out perfect. Being frozen keeps the middle nice and pink while the outside crisps up perfectly. Nobody wants the middle to be cooked too well done. Ribeye steaks taste great when cooked until rare to medium. Cooking it above medium can make it taste steamed, rubbery, and dry.
I love this quick and easy method that is great for two people or when you’re alone. You can cook two steaks at once in this awesome air fryer. And if your steak is already thawed just use the broil feature for a tender steak.
Why I Love My Air Fryer
I started using an air fryer when I discovered the trick of making steaks from frozen almost two years back. Here I share a few reasons why I love my air fryer.
Much More than just an Air Fryer!
At first, I didn’t want to get into the whole air fryer thing. But when I saw that there was an air fryer that was also a toaster I had to have it. So it is not just another appliance, it has more functions than just traditional air frying. It is a toaster, a convection oven, and an air fryer all in one. As I always try to minimize gadgets in my kitchen, I didn’t want one more thing on my counter due to limited space, but I replaced my old toaster with this one. And I have not looked back, I use this one every day now! It can even replace the microwave for warming and reheating food. So, it takes just the space of one and gives the functionality of several; from warming, baking, broiling, toasting, and air frying all in one.
Less Mess and Easy Cleanup!
The best part is less mess in the kitchen! When I started the carnivore diet my whole kitchen was covered in grease which is irritating because I hate cleaning. Usually, I cook steak for myself because my husband usually wants chicken so this works perfectly for me. Using the air fryer keeps all the grease inside and it has a tray that catches the grease for easy cleanup. Now I use my air fryer to help me cut down on mess and speed cooking time for burgers and steaks.
No Preparation or Defrost Time
Air fryers are great for cooking steaks, crispy chicken wings, salmon fillet, meatballs, and burgers from frozen for a carnivore diet. I have been doing it in my air fryer as much as I can. Though I have already been doing ribeye steaks on stovetop and charcoal grill air fryer has proved to be a real game-changer because this air fryer version requires no preparation and no time to defrost.
Easy to use
I like this air fryer because it is very easy and simple to use and you just need to turn the knobs and not have to mess with those digital settings. There is no need to preheat it before air frying. You just have to move one dial to the air fryer function and the other to the desired temperature for what you are trying to cook and set the timer as per your cooking requirement.
Tips to Make Your Steak Finger-Licking Good!
- If your steak is about 1 pound, approximately cooking it for 12 minutes on both sides at 400 degrees would be enough. Especially if you like your steak’s middle part very tender and juicy, and the outside crispy. If you have a small steak, you need to cook it less, so if your steak is just 8 ounces then this cooking time is much longer. If you have a thicker steak than 1 pound, you can increase the time duration of cooking by about 2-3 minutes.
- Steaks seem to come in different sizes and with different thicknesses. And sometimes weight is not as much the right determiner of cooking time so as much as the thickness. Usually, 8-ounce steak is nearly about 1 inch thick, 16-ounce steak is nearly 1.5 – 2 inches thick. So you will need to adjust time according to the thickness and thinness of your steak.
- Though cooking time depends on the thickness and size of the steak, every air fryer works differently. So you will need to check it with your air fryer too.
- Flipping and cooking the steak on both sides is very important. So make sure to flip and cook the other side for almost the same amount of time or maybe a little less.
- Let your ribeye steak rest for a while before serving, if you do not let the steak rest and cut it immediately; the contracted juices would come out directly. So make sure to let your steak rest for a while to keep it juicy.
- I love to top my steak with this butter-based easy blender hollandaise sauce that is carnivore friendly. And if you don’t mind the herbs, try making my chimichurri sauce that tastes great with steak.
In this video, I also review my favorite air fryer and show you how to use it with complete instructions on how to make perfect carnivore ribeye steak from frozen in the air fryer. It has been so fun to learn how to use this new kitchen gadget and it has been a great support for my carnivore diet. Get my 30 Day Carnivore Diet Challenge ebook here.
You can also watch my recipe video for the best seared ribeye steak on the stovetop here and tomahawk ribeye steak on the charcoal grill for the carnivore diet here. Also, read my blog post about how to cook the perfect indoor steak here.
Perfect Carnivore Ribeye Steak from Frozen in the Air Fryer
This quick and easy recipe for cooking tender and juicy ribeye steak from super hard frozen in the air fryer is perfect for anyone on a keto or carnivore diet who comes home after a long day at work.
- 1 lb ribeye steak
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Take the ribeye steak out from your freezer and sprinkle some real salt on both sides as per your taste.
Place it on the air-fryer basket/grill pan of your air fryer.
Set the air-fryer function dial on the air fryer, set the temperature dial on 400 degrees, and set the timer for 12 minutes.
Flip the steak and cook it for another 12 minutes on the other side.
Put the steak on a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve and enjoy!
Net carbs: 0 g
Nutrition facts based on 2 servings.
Get my favorite air fryer: http://a.co/3WDFoZJ
Free Bacon for life: butcherbox.com/grassfedgirl
Listen to my carnivore cast interview here: https://www.carnivorecast.com/podcast/grassfedgirl
Subscribe to my newsletter for a FREE 10 KETO DIET MISTAKES PDF: www.grassfedlist.com
My Cookbooks: www.MediterraneanPaleoCooking.com
Gelatin Treats: http://bit.ly/2H1MPKl
52 Paleo Breakfasts:http://bit.ly/GFGbreakfast
Amazon shop: http://a.co/3WDFoZJ
Get started with the best essential oils: www.grassfedoils.com
Grass Fed Girl (Caitlin Weeks) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.