Want to start using essential oils? Read this first!
Essential oils have been a huge addition to my healthy lifestyles. You could say they have changed my life– and believe me, I was a skeptics when I was first introduced to them. How on earth could a sniff of this or a rub of that help to improve our family’s health or wellbeing?
But before I explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are!
What are essential oils?
Essential oils come from certain plants and have been used by ancient people for thousands of years. They’re basically concentrated herbs but not all plants provide essential oils. A good example is a lemon peel that secretes lemon essential oils when it is squeezed or scraped. The difference is that one tiny bottle of lemon essential oil has the oil from 40 lemon peels, much more than anyone person would have the patience to squeeze.
Essential oils contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use these essences support our own health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like rose and frankincense, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
The Benefits of Essential Oils
Essential oils have been around for thousands of years for cosmetic purposes, as well as for their spiritually and emotionally uplifting properties. There is well-documented research supporting their use for physical and emotional health.
Essential oils can be used to:
- Enhance your physical wellness – From cleansing and weight management to supporting every system of the body, essential oils and essential oil-infused supplements can provide the targeted solutions you need to restore balance and feel your best.
- Inspire a positive emotional state – Each essential oil’s complex, pleasant, and unique scent activates the limbic system—the brain’s center of emotion and memory—differently. Essential oils can be your key to a more fulfilling and balanced emotional life.
- Purify your home – Harsh chemical formulas aren’t your only home cleansing option. Enjoy peace of mind without compromise when you clean your home with the gentle but effective power of essential oils and products.
- Refine your skin – Purge chemicals from your beauty routine and rediscover your natural glow. An ancient skin care secret, essential oils can help promote a clear-looking complexion, soften the appearance of signs of aging, and nurture healthy-looking hair.
- Create deep spiritual awareness – Incense and essential oils from plants have always played an important part in religious and spiritual ceremonies, helping participants to transcend the trivial and connect with something larger than themselves.
How to Use Essential Oils
These health-promoting botanicals can be diffused, inhaled, applied topically, or incorporated into massage. Because essential oils are highly concentrated, a little goes a long way.
As a general rule, essential oils that are applied topically are also used with a carrier oil. Carrier oils ensure that essential oils are comfortable to the skin. Dilution with a carrier oil does not dilute the effect of the essential oil. In fact, it prevents waste due to excessive application. Some of the best carrier oils are coconut oil, olive oil, and sweet almond oil. Essential oils are very powerful, so start low and go slow. In most cases, 1–2 drops are adequate, and using more may waste product. Depending on the essential oil, you can gradually build up to 3–4 uses per day, if desired.
Diffusers let you reap the benefits of aromatherapy in any room of your home or office. Diffusers utilize ultrasonic technology to break up the mixture of essential oils and water into extremely fine microparticles and disperses the ingredients in essential oils into the air. It provides an excellent method of calming and moisturizing to build a healthy, natural, and pure living environment. Generally, 6-8 drops are used in a diffuser.
Essential oils come as single oils or as blends of various oils together. Essential oils are also included in home cleaning products, supplements, in skin, body, hair, and dental care products, plus there are even items for your kids and your pets. You can have fun combining your favorite oils and also incorporating them into your personal care or cleaning products – or, even make your own!
Can you just use any essential oils?
In our opinion, no. I’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask us, there’s one particular brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest: Young Living.
Introducing Young Living Essential Oils!
There are many reasons why this brand is so great, but here are our three favorites:
1: The source matters
One of the most important things we’ve learned in our journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, we know that the source matters.
We did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that we felt we could trust with our family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality.
To ensure the purity of their oils, Young Living sets the bar high. We actually own our own farms and distilleries around the globe and follow a stringent process: Seed to Seal – the HIGHEST standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op! Many of our team members have visited Young Living Farms (Oh Lardy included!) and it is amazing. Check out this video of some of our team at Winter Harvest in Idaho:
2: You become part of a big, friendly community
As a Young Living member, you automatically become a member of a big oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.I have been using our oils for a long time, but it is great to hear testimonials from others in our 7000 member private facebook group.
3: The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the best introduction to essential oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
Ready to buy your Young Living Premium Starter Kit?
How to get started
You can purchase Young Living essential oils in one of two ways:
- as a retail customer & pay full price
- as a Wholesale Member (best option – you save 24% on every order !!!)
I recommend becoming a Wholesale Member. Not only will you receive a 24% discount off retail price on every Young Living product, you also have your choice of starter kits. This makes it easy for you to get started using essential oils. ( As a Young Living Wholesale Member you only have to agree to order a minimum of $50 per year, which is so easy to do because you will find the products invaluable! That’s all!)
The best value, by far, is the Premium Starter Kit. Its retail value is $300, but as a new Wholesale Member, you get a huge discount and the price is just $160. That’s a 47% savings!
Your Premium Starter Kit Includes
When you order your own premium starter kit, you are entitled to wholesale pricing on all Young Living products, this is a 24% discount. Share this with your friends and family by ordering for them, or have them enroll to get their own kit and discount. The Premium Starter Kit is valued at over $300. As a Wholesale Member you get this for 50% off! The Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Ten 5 mL bottles of essential oils including: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Peace & Calming, Thieves, Purification, Valor and Joy.
- A home diffuser (retail value alone on this one is $96)
- 5 mL bottle of Stress Away (this is by far my absolute favorite — I wear it like perfume!)
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is a great supplement for energy)
Step-by-step: purchase your Premium Starter Kit
1. Click over to the sign-up page.
2. Select “Sign Up As: Young Living Wholesale Member”
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you.
4. Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living will never share this info with anyone. You are never required to sell anything but people often start sharing and end up making money without realizing it). I gave my social 3 years ago and have had no problems with security from this stable and secure 25-year-old old company.
5. Create your password which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils. One letter must be upper-case. Create your security pin which is 4 digits, no one can make changes to your account without this pin.
6. Select your enrollment order. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like (and you know I think the Premium Kit is the way to go!). You must sign up with one of these kits to become a Wholesale Member. To maintain your 24% discount going forward, you only need to spend $50 each subsequent year with Young Living on any product in their store on products. Unlike a big box club or membership to an online shopping site where you receive no physical merchandise from the membership fee. That’s it! You can also purchase other items at this time if you wish.
7. Set up your *optional* Essential Rewards Program. Now don’t be confused by this next step. Buying one of the ER kits is not a requirement to sign up as a Wholesale Member! This is a rewards program you can opt into to start earning money back to help pay for your oils.
At this point, you can skip this step by selecting “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later”. If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you then by all means get one in addition to your starter kit. I prefer to log out then setup essential rewards as another transaction. Then it will be billed to you on a date you choose the following month. Once you use up your premium starter kit oils you will definitely want to get on the auto ship so you will stay stocked up on all your favorite products.
If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you then, by all means buy one in addition to your starter kit. I prefer to log out then setup essential rewards as another transaction. Then it will be billed to you on a date you choose the following month. I signed up for essential rewards a few weeks after I received my kit because I knew I wanted to change out all the products in my home.
Once you use up your premium starter kit oils you will definitely want to get on the auto ship so you will stay stocked up on all your favorite products.
If one of the ER kits looks valuable to you, then, by all means get one in addition to your starter kit. I prefer to log out then setup essential rewards as another transaction. Then it will be billed to you on a date you choose the following month. Once you use up your premium starter kit oils you will definitely want to get on the auto ship so you will stay stocked up on all your favorite products. You can choose your shipping date and customize the products in the cart based on your needs. I change my essential rewards order 3-4 times before it ships so I can be sure I am getting exactly what my family needs.
8. Agree to the Terms & Conditions. Don’t worry you will not be sorry.
9. CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. I have had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out. To confirm, the tool will log you in and it will show you your order again and it will make you enter in your payment information again. We wouldn’t want that to happen because then you would not get your oils!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why should I become an Young Living Wholesale Member vs Independent Distributor?
Wholesale Members are also Independent Distributors. This just means in addition to the wholesale pricing (24% off retail price), you also have the option of sharing the oils with your friends and family in order to earn commissions and participate in promotions for free oils, but it is not required. If becoming a Young Living Independent Distributor is something you are considering, please contact me. I will be more than happy to help you get your essential oil business started! Order now!
Is there a monthly order minimum?
No. You do not have to order monthly in order to benefit from being a Wholesale Member. However, if you would like to earn commissions as an Independent Distributor then simply enroll in Essential Rewards, a monthly autoship program.
I don’t really want to sell essential oils. Do I have to sell Young Living products to be a Wholesale Member?
Of course not. Since there is no monthly order requirement you can simply just order whenever you and your family need it. There is no requirement to have a business and most people use them just for personal use.
What do I need to do to get started?
To begin as a Wholesale Member you start with purchasing an enrollment kit. There are three options to choose from however, I recommend the Premium Starter Kit with the diffuser (pictured below). This is the same kit I purchased to get started on my essential oil journey.
Some great ways to use the essential oils in your Premium Starter Pack
Each of the oils in your Premium Starter Pack has SO many fabulous uses, but here are some of the ways in which we like to use them:
As a member of the Grass Fed Girl’s essential oil team, you will receive amazing support including one on one support, education, training, classes and education. If you would like to schedule a time to talk about essential oil options or how to get started with Young Living, we’d be happy to help. Click here to send me an email and I will get back to you ASAP.
Young Living is a company that promotes a lifestyle of wellness, purpose and abundance. Our team is committed to sharing and educating our members toward living a life of optimal wellness. As a member of our team you are given a variety of tools to support your journey: reference book, oily accessory kit, private ‘members only’ forum, email series, classes and more!
When you join our Young Living team, you are joining an entire community of people dedicated toward living a healthier lifestyle. In our private ‘members only’ forum, you will be able to share testimonials, learn from other team members, participate in fun essential oil giveaways, and connect with the team as you continue on this journey.
You will fall in love with what Young Living products can do for you. When you are ready to start sharing Young Living with your friends and family, we have a private business training forum along with a 30-day training program for our team. We give you access to numerous business resources to help you succeed!
Not quite ready to order? Just fill in this form and we can chat more about your questions. Fill it in here.
*No supplement, including essential oils, can (nor should) claim to treat or cure any disease or condition. They are just a great tool in a total wellness lifestyle. If you have a disease or medical condition or are using a prescription medication, it is recommended that prior to using an essential oil, you consult with a health care advisor who has experience with essential oils. Seek the advice of the prescribing physician and a pharmacist about potential interactions between any medication and essential oils. Use extra caution when using essential oils on children, and if pregnant or nursing.
Essential Oil 101 E-Course
Want to learn more about Essential Oils? Sign up for this FREE 14 Day Essential Oils Course and start learning today!
10 Keto Diet Mistakes
Avoid these 10 Keto Mistakes to lose weight fast.