Are you looking for a savory and protein-packed snack that perfectly goes with your carnivore diet? Look no further! I have got you covered with my easy homemade beef jerky recipe!
Finding satiating and nutritious snacks is the key for a carnivore diet. In this article, I have come up with a super easy delectable keto carnivore beef jerky recipe that’s not only incredibly easy to prepare but also customized for your carnivore lifestyle. Making your very own beef jerky is not only simple but also much cheaper that those store bought versions and It is an ultimate carnivore diet approved snack that is flavorful, convenient, and nutrient rich option. Find best carnivore diet snack ideas on my blog for free to satisfy your keto carnivore cravings here.
Easy Homemade Beef Jerky: Easy Dehydrator Recipe: A Perfect Carnivore Diet Snack
Whether you’re an experienced carnivore enthusiast or just starting your journey into this unique dietary approach, having satisfying carnivore approved snacks at your disposal is a must. Incorporate this easy dehydrator homemade beef jerky recipe into your keto carnivore diet, and relish the satisfaction of creating your own wholesome, flavorful, and protein packed snack. You don’t need a fancy dehydrator. This is similar to the one I use. The process of marinating and dehydrating beef creates a delightful explosion of flavors in each strip of jerky. This makes it an enjoyable snack that satisfies both your taste buds and nutritional needs. One of the wonderful benefits of making your own jerky at home is that it can have an impressively long shelf life if it is stored properly. It remains good for weeks to months – but trust me, it won’t last that long.
Why do I prefer Homemade Beef Jerky?
Crafting your own jerky not only lets you tailor the flavors to your liking and dietary needs but also comes much cheaper than store bought varieties. Plus, you have complete control over the ingredients, ensuring your jerky remains free from any unwanted additives, stabilizers, and unpronounceable ingredients. With homemade jerky, you can relish the peace of mind that comes from knowing exactly what’s in your snack.
Benefits of Beef and Beef Jerky:
Beef, nature’s bounty of essential nutrients, is a cornerstone of the carnivore diet. By creating your own easy dehydrator beef jerky, you’re tapping into the incredible nutritional benefits of beef. And also fashioning a snack that’s customized for your plan.
Rich in high-quality protein, essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, beef offers a plethora of health benefits that support your overall well-being. Contrary to misconceptions, beef contains healthy fats which are vital for hormone production and energy.
Beef is a natural source of essential vitamins such as B12, B6, and niacin, as well as important minerals like iron, zinc, and selenium. Even in lean cuts of meat, you’ll find a trace of beneficial fat soluble vitamins. Opting for grass-fed beef amplifies its nutritional profile with omega-3s and conjugated linoleic acid, contributing to its superfood status. The process of turning beef into jerky makes it not just a snack but also enhances these benefits, creating a power packed snack that’s both delicious and nourishing.
Keto Carnivore Delight: Exploring the Benefits of Beef Jerky
A Carnivore Delight at Your Fingertips:
By making your very own batch of homemade beef jerky, you will have a carnivore friendly snack that can be savored at any time. Whether you’re on-the-go, in need of a quick energy boost, or simply seeking a flavorful bite, your homemade jerky is the answer.
Beef is renowned for its protein content, which is crucial for muscle repair, immune function, and maintaining healthy skin and hair. The carnivore diet thrives on animal-sourced proteins, and beef jerky serves as a concentrated protein source that fuels your body’s growth, repair, and overall functionality.
Low in Carbohydrates:
Beef jerky aligns seamlessly with the low-carb nature of the carnivore diet, ensuring you stay in ketosis and continue reaping the benefits of fat metabolism.
Beef jerky retains the nutrients inherent in beef, providing you with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that are essential for your body’s optimal performance. So the dehydration process ensures that every bite of jerky delivers essential nutrients.
Portability and Convenience:
Jerky is a convenient and portable carnivore snack that you can easily take on hiking, camping and trips, whether in the car or on an airplane, without any concerns about odors. It’s an incredibly nutrient-dense option for maintaining your health while traveling especially during the holidays.
Satiety and Hunger Management:
Protein-rich snacks like beef jerky help keep your hunger at bay, making it an excellent option to curb cravings and maintain a steady energy level throughout the day.
Best Carnivore swap for Chips and Salty Treats:
Jerky provides a satisfying snack experience similar to the gratification one seeks from chips or other salty treats. It effectively quells both salt and snack cravings, preventing you from going off the track and indulging in regrettable food choices that you really wish you hadn’t eaten.
Wonderful Christmas Gift:
Jerky makes for a wonderful Christmas gift. Consider portioning the jerky into small bags, decorating them, and gifting them to friends as a wonderful way to introduce others to the benefits of the carnivore lifestyle.
Long Shelf Life:
Properly made and stored, homemade beef jerky can stay fresh for months. Its longer shelf life compared to fresh meat, makes it an excellent and convenient option for meal prepping and stocking up on nutrient-rich snacks.
The marinade and slow dehydration infuses an explosion of flavors into each strip of jerky. It offers a taste that keeps you coming back for more.
Tips for Making Best Beef Jerky:
By following these tips, you’re well on your way to be creating beef jerky of the highest quality.
When it comes to crafting top-notch perfect beef jerky, your choice of meat matters. Opt for cuts like top round or bottom round, known for their suitability in jerky preparation. For instance, lean roasts like those from the top round or bottom round work excellently.
- Certainly! The texture of your jerky can be influenced by the type of beef you use. Opting for a tougher cut will result in chewier jerky, while a more tender beef cut will yield a softer, melt-in-the-mouth jerky. Hence, it’s important to select a beef cut that aligns with your desired jerky texture.
- Once you’ve selected your cut, ensure it’s properly thawed, and let excess moisture drain away before slicing.
- Slicing the meat is a crucial step, and it’s essential to cut against the grain. Identify the grain’s direction – it might resemble lines running across the meat – and slice perpendicular to this pattern.
- I suggest briefly freezing the meat to aid in cutting, a sharp knife is equally important. Cutting thinner slices maximizes the surface area available for drying and speeds up the process.
- Remember, precision matters, so aim for thinness without compromising the slice’s integrity. Adjust the size if necessary to ensure uniform thickness, enhancing drying efficiency.
- Apple cider vinegar acts as a natural meat tenderizer that gradually breaks down the connective tissues within the meat. This process not only enhances the jerky’s tenderness but also allows the flavors to penetrate more effectively during the marination stage. If you want a slightly more tender result, you can adjust the quantity of vinegar to your preference. I use this organic apple cider vinegar that you can find easily.
- It’s essential to mix all the ingredients thoroughly for infusion of flavors. Pouring the marinade ingredients directly onto the meat may lead to uneven distribution and clumps of seasoning. To avoid this, blend the ingredients beforehand, ensuring they are well combined and any clumps are eliminated. This step guarantees that when the marinade is applied, every inch of the meat is coated evenly, enhancing the overall taste and texture of your beef jerky.
- To optimize the dehydrating process, it’s crucial to arrange the meat slices in a well spaced manner. Ensure that there’s enough room between each piece, allowing air to circulate evenly. Avoid stacking or overlapping the slices, as this can hinder proper drying. The goal is to create a thin, evenly spread layer, facilitating thorough moisture removal. This step is vital since complete dehydration is essential to prevent any lingering moisture, which could affect the taste and texture of your beef jerky, resembling a damp sponge rather than a flavorful snack.
Storing Tips for Homemade Beef Jerky
Once you’ve successfully crafted your flavorful batch of homemade beef jerky, it’s crucial to store it properly to maintain its quality and taste. Storing your jerky properly can make it easily last for up to three months, making it an ideal snack for your busy routine.
- Transfer your cooled beef jerky into airtight containers or resealable bags to ensure your beef jerky stays fresh and delicious.
- Make sure to squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing to prevent moisture buildup. Keep your beef jerky away from direct sunlight, heat, and humidity. You can store it in your pantry or cupboard.
- Refrigeration is a smart choice if you plan to store your jerky for an extended period. While beef jerky has natural preservatives due to its low moisture content, refrigerating it can extend its shelf life.
- Freezing is an excellent option for long term storage . You can divide your beef jerky into portion sized packets and place them in freezer safe bags. Thaw individual portions whenever you need.
- It is always a good idea to label your stored beef jerky with the date it was made. It will help you keep track of its freshness and you will be able to consume it within a reasonable timeframe.
Soy-Free Sauce Alternatives: Elevate Your Jerky with Flavorful Options
I don’t like soy sauce because it has a lot of wheat in it. But you can enhance the taste of your beef jerky without the use of soy sauce. There are so many delicious possibilities. Soy sauce, often containing wheat and soy. It might not align with your dietary preferences. Don’t worry, there are other excellent alternatives that you can explore.
Ditching soy sauce doesn’t mean that you are going to compromise on taste. You can use exciting and soy-free alternatives that elevate your jerky-making. From the savory depth of fish sauce to the sweet undertones of coconut aminos, or the wheat-free charm of tamari, these options provide diverse flavors to cater to your unique needs. Whether you’re looking to eliminate allergens or experiment with new tastes, these alternatives ensure your beef jerky does not compromise on both quality and delectable flavor.
You can also watch my detailed easy homemade beef jerky recipe video to guide you through the entire cooking process in the video below.
Enjoy this comprehensive guide to crafting your very own delectable beef jerky using dehydrator for a savory treat that aligns perfectly with your carnivore lifestyle. And get ready to whip up a batch of mouthwatering beef jerky that’s sure to become your go-to snack.
Keto Carnivore Easy Homemade Beef Jerky Recipe
This sugar free and soy free keto carnivore easy homemade beef jerky recipe perfectly complements your low carb and carnivore lifestyle. It is your perfect on the go snack that is flavorful, delicious and nutrient rich.
Begin by cutting the lean roast into thin slices, aiming for pieces about 1 inch wide. For easier slicing, consider freezing the meat for a few hours before you start.
In a mixing bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, fish sauce (or alternatives like coconut aminos or tamari), sea salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, and stevia. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
Place the sliced meat into the bowl containing the marinade. Use your hands to ensure that every piece is thoroughly coated with the rich blend of seasonings. Allow the meat to marinate for at least 4 hours, or better yet, overnight for an intensified flavor infusion.
Once the marination process is complete, spread the seasoned meat evenly in the dehydrator's basket. Ensure that the slices are laid out without overlapping to facilitate proper dehydration.
Set your dehydrator to a temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit (approximately 68 degrees Celsius). Allow the meat to dehydrate for around 16 hours. This slow and controlled process is crucial to achieve the perfect jerky texture and flavor.
After 16-24 hours, your beef jerky should be thoroughly dried out, yet tender to the bite. This is when you know it's ready to be enjoyed.
Carefully remove the beef jerky from the dehydrator and place it in an airtight container. This ensures its freshness and lasting quality.
I hope you enjoy the journey of making and indulging in this keto carnivore delight! I am so excited to hear about your results when you give this easy homemade Beef Jerky recipe a try! Share your delicious jerky journey with me, your twists and tips in the comments.
Be Sure to PIN it for Later!
Discover a transformed you with the 30 Day Carnivore Diet Challenge eBook!
Dive into the ultimate carnivore experience with 25+ Carnivore Keto Recipes, expert tips, and a complete practical guide to thriving on animal based diet.
Unleash your potential and embark on a health journey like never before.
Grab your copy today and witness the power of the carnivore lifestyle!
Get it here.