Keto and Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole
I made this paleo, keto and low carb chicken broccoli casserole a few weeks ago for my dad and his friend who were coming over to do some odd jobs at my house in Nashville. They loved it and kept asking for seconds. It is very filling and will satisfy a heart appetite for many hours. I used to love casseroles as a kid such as potatoes au gratin, mac and cheese (try my sub recipe here) and tuna noodle casserole but this one is just as good without the gluten and dairy. Hope you like this keto and low carb chicken broccoli casserole and will share it with your family.
This keto and low carb chicken broccoli casserole is perfect for the 21 day sugar detox too because it has no sugar or starchy ingredients. Get started on the detox here. Leave a comment and let me know how it turns out.
Easy keto and Low Carb Chicken Broccoli Casserole (Paleo and Gluten Free)
This easy keto and low carb chicken broccoli casserole is paleo, gluten free and equally perfect for the 21 day sugar detox too because it has no sugar or starchy ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium white onion diced (use 1/2 onion to cut carbs, if desired)
- Sea salt
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk or 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs try to use organic
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a casserole pan with half the coconut oil and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli until just barely cooked and set aside, uncovered.
- In a sauce pan melt the coconut oil, brown the onions and season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms, saute until cooked and move the pan off the heat.
- Transfer the broccoli, mushroom, onions, and shredded chicken into the casserole pan distributing evenly.
- Mix the bone broth, coconut milk, eggs, nutmeg with a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl with a whisk and pour it over the contents of the casserole dish. Make sure the mixture is spread evenly and all the contents are covered.
Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until done in the middle.
Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Net Carbs: 9 g
Nutrition facts based on 4 servings
Looking for more low carb recipes?
This is one of my favorite e-book resources to lose weight in a healthy way with real food. It is written by my friend Kim who lost over 100 lbs on a low carb diet.
Get it here: