21 Day Sugar Detox Review and Giveaway –
Diane Sanfilippo is back with her new book the 21 Day Sugar Detox, which helps people tame their out-of-control sugar and carb cravings with sensible advice and real food!
She decided to make her hit e-book a paperback book after thousands of requests. She had a big smash with her previous book Practical Paleo in 2012 that was on the New York Times bestseller list practically all year.
21 Day Sugar Detox Review
This time Diane wanted to make her popular e-book into a paperback book that is more accessible to the public. This book is perfectly sized to take on the go, unlike her other book (Practical Paleo) which was 4 lbs. This one has all the beautiful photography of her past projects including easy no-fuss recipes that won’t intimidate even the most novice cook.
Diane struggles with sugar cravings herself and she wrote this program to help others break the habit of eating sugar every few hours. She has included three different levels so each person can start where they are comfortable. Then you can try a more strict level on your second or third go around! As usual she throws so many in great illustrations, charts and graphs.
Diane also has a great knack for breaking down science into easy to understand language. She helps us see that many times sugar cravings are signs of nutrient deficiencies and digestive imbalances, not a character flaw! She also helps the reader understand the connection between high cortisol, stress, inflammation and sugar cravings which can snowball into problems like diabetes over time.
On a personal note: I have been friends with Diane since we met in nutrition school back in 2010. She also used to live a few blocks away, so we shared many a grass fed meal! I know how hard she works on these books with all of her heart and soul!
See pics from her first book release party here
More great features of this book:
- 90 guilt free recipes
- charts to swap out your favorites with 21DSD approved snacks
- guides for pescatarians
- shopping lists galore
- 30 day meal plans for each level
- color photo index
- vibrant full color photo for each recipe
- figuring out your own carb intake chart
- starchy carb options chart
- 15 egg free breakfast ideas chart
- 12 treat options that are 21DSD approved!
- portable size, to take on the go!
- dressing, sauces and spice mixes that are naturally sugar free!
- Paella, Shepherds pie, meatza and more!
- modifications for athletes
- modifications for autoimmune protocol
- FAQ section
- what to expect day by day
- a prep ahead checklist starting 7 days before
- supplement recommendations to get you over the hump
- fats and oil chart
- dining out guide
- 4 smoothie options
Some of my favorite shots from the book:
Order your guide now!
A huge group starts each month and there is a forum for support!
Enter to be a lucky winner of the guide here: a Rafflecopter giveaway