Recently my little brother stayed with me for a week. He is trainer and he just graduated college with a degree in Kinesiology. We had a great time cooking, working out, going to massages, meditation, acupuncture and more. He is a great taste tester of my Paleo recipes too. I made these paleo pumpkin pancakes with cherry sauce for him twice and he ate them all up in a flash. I hope you like them too!
Pumpkin is a great source of anti-oxidants and fiber but it is still low in carbs. Just one serving can add a special flavor to your grain free cooking! It is a great thickener too for soups and stews! I usually buy this kind because it is organic and BPA free.
Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes with Cherry Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Yield: 6 -8 Pancakes
6 eggs (see where I buy organic soy free egg here)
¾ cup pumpkin puree
¾ cup, full-fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract (gluten free)
¼ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons ground flax
2 tablespoons coconut oil, for frying
2 cups fresh cherries, for topping
- Combine the eggs, pumpkin, coconut milk, vanilla and sweetener in one bowl. In another bowl, combine the coconut flour, cinnamon, ground flax, and baking soda. Then mix the egg mixture in with the coconut flour mixture. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes and mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Spoon about a . cup of batter into the pan. Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes. For a lower carb version: Use stevia option and leave off cherry sauce.
For the Cherry Sauce:
- Halve and pit 2 cups of cherries.
- Place in a saucepan with 1 cup of water.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat, until the cherries cook down.
- In a blender, blend into a smooth sauce and pour over pancakes.
Looking for more?
Are you wondering how to get started on the Paleo diet with a healthy breakfast so you can lose weight and feel great?
It is the perfect tool to get started on feeling your best and lowering inflammation!