Paleo Moussaka Recipe –
Paleo Moussaka Recipe is a classic Mediterranean dish thought to have originated in Turkey. It has been adapted many times by the Eastern Europeans, Greeks, Italians, and Americans. The word moussaka has Arabic origins meaning chilled. This dish is usually made with cream/milk and wheat flour but I have adapted it to be gluten and and dairy free so that it fits a Paleo lifestyle. Your family will never know anything is missing and you are welcome to adapt the recipe as you see fit. I saw many versions of this Paleo Moussaka Recipe when I was researching that were complicated and had many steps. I know most people are very busy and they just want the flavor without all the fuss. My version will not require cooking classes but will still wow your family or any dinner guest. Hope you enjoy it!
Bechamel white sauce is really easy so do not let it intimidate you. I tried to break it down into easy to understand and follow steps. It used to scare me too but once you make it once or twice you will be an old pro!
I was excited to guest post over on my friend Dr. Jill’s blog: Real Food Forager.
Click here to view the recipe
Like what you are reading?
This Paleo Moussaka Recipe is similar to the many dishes in a new cookbook that I wrote with my husband who was raised on the Mediterranean sea. We took many of the traditional dishes he was raised with and adapted them to fit Paleo and Weston A. Price guidelines.
Want more simple healthy food with a Mediterranean flair?
Does this sound like you?Do you have allergies/sensitivities to gluten, dairy, and soy? Do you want to get healthy but think you have to eat boring, tasteless food to achieve your goals? Do you worry that you are feeding your family too much processed and chemical-laden junk food?
Has your doctor told you to follow an anti-inflammatory diet? Do ethnic recipes and exotic spices intimidate you? Have you heard about the benefits of the Mediterranean diet or Paleo diet but don’t know where to start? Are you always hungry but “balanced” meals and snacks never seem to fill you up? Are you missing some of your favorite foods from your pre-Paleo diet?
If so, our new Mediterranean Paleo Cookbook is for you!
- Nutritionist Caitlin offers a shopping list, meal plans, healthy food buying guide and nutrition tips throughout the book!
- Plus, Chef Nabil teaches the reader how to make signature dishes from North Africa, the Middle East and southern Europe such as Tajines and french sauces. His chef tips throughout, teach people the best technique.
This book will spice up your Paleo/Low Carb Diet/ Real Food diet!
It will let you:
- Make authentic Moroccan slow-cooked Tajine’s
- Make your own healing broths including: chicken, beef and fish.
- Make many of your own French sauces: Bearnaise, Hollandaise, Aoili, Beurre Blanc, mushroom reduction and more.
- Learn how to use authentic Mediterranean spices such as cinnamon, cumin and cilantro, paprika, ginger, and saffron.
- Learn to make simple dishes to wow your family and friends at dinner parties.
- Eat like you went on a vacation without leaving home.
- Learn how to make crispy pizza and chewy pasta with easy to find ingredients.
- Stay on your gluten, dairy, soy, corn free diet but feel like you are cheating!
- Have your cake and eat it too with 18 guilt free desserts free of processed ingredients.
10 Keto Diet Mistakes
Avoid these 10 Keto Mistakes to lose weight fast.