Gelatin is the protein formed after the slow simmering of skin, bones, and cartilage of animals. Gelatin containing broth has been used in healthy traditional cultures for thousands of years as a diet staple. Many clients I work with say they are too busy to make broth so I found a great gelatin that is flavorless from grass fed cows that is processed using low heat. I still think the homemade broth is best but gelatin can be good for busy times. This kind of gelatin is a very healthy product that can be used as a natural thickener for soups and smoothies. This recipe uses gelatin in a creamy delicious pudding which makes getting this super food fun and satisfying. Me and my little sister recently made this recipe for my 90 year old Grampa and he loved it.
Reasons You Need More Gelatin:
- Contains easy to digest calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulphur and trace minerals
- Speeds healing from seasonal cold’s and flu’s
- Builds healthy bone matrix
- Provides minerals for strong teeth
- Supports joints, cartilage and tendons with Chondroitin and Glucosamine
- Fights cellulite
- Prevents wrinkles
- Increases muscle mass
- Speeds metabolism
- Heals the intestinal lining preventing chronic disease
- Supportive for over stressed thyroid and adrenal glands
- Broth with gelatin makes small portions of meat very filling which saves money
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with the coconut milk and sweetener until melted and mixed thoroughly.
Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mix the gelatin with the water until dissolved.
Add the dissolved gelatin to the chocolate mixture and stir well.
Put the pudding into the refrigerator for one to two hours or until set and chilled.
If you are impatient put it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
Let me know what you decide to make with your gelatin.
This is the kind I usually buy because it is grass fed: