Hope you guys are having a great summer!
I am a little late getting this July Stitch Fix Review out but it has been such a fun and busy summer. First I went to Salt Lake City, Utah to the Young Living Convention in June to learn about my favorite essential oils (order here). Followed by a night in Moab for a crazy Jeep tour on the red rocks. Then I had my little brother out to visit for a few weeks and we had fun going for chiropractor appointments, acupuncture, lake swimming, and of course tons of yummy Paleo and low carb recipes.
Then I left for a 3 weeks trip overseas, first to North Africa for some awesome food such as the recipes in my book Mediterranean Paleo Cooking. And now I am in Italy checking out the food scene and eating my way around Tuscany and Cinque Terre. I am enjoying wearing my new outfits from Stitch Fix so much. When I get home I am leaving for Milwaukee for my cousin’s wedding where these dresses will also come in handy. I also went to Costco to take pictures of my book being back there.
These clothes give me confidence not to look like an typical American in white sneakers and a fanny pack while traveling. Yes shopping at Target or Walmart maybe a little cheaper but the clothes won’t even look right and you will probably end up throwing them away sooner because they won’t be decent quality. I love that Stitch Fix offers many items that are made in America as well as some organic items which can help workers and the environment. Believe it or not the fashion industry is one on of the biggest polluters. When I am not shopping at Stitch Fix, I often shop at Goodwill to reduce the carbon footprint of my apparel choices by keeping less new stuff from being created. Just like with food we can vote with our wallet. Check out what I received in my latest Fix:
- This shirt was what they sent and it would be great for work with a navy skirt. It fit well and was good quality. I already had the jeans from a previous Fix and I wear the crap out of them.
- This shirt was really cute and I loved the detail at the top. I don’t usually like horizontal but this one fit well and was a versatile color. I paired it with a jean skirt I bought off Amazon (order here) that I can’t enough of because I usually hate shorts. This skirt is a wonderful way cool off and look cute.
- This dress was to die for because it wasn’t too low cut and it was my all time favorite color. It was a great dress for travel because it doesn’t wrinkle and dries fast if you need to wash it in the sink or wear it to a water park, ha ha.
- This dress was also flattering in all the right places. It had a racerback cut on the back so get out your t-back bra. I like how it was just the right amount of print. It was also a quick-dry, non-wrinkle fabric.
- The last dress was great because it was not too low cut in the front and it was a stretchy knit fabric. It was perfect for my trip and it would transition to fall easily with a light cardigan. I loved the fabric because I could pretend I was part of a Moroccan wall mosaic which makes me happy because it reminds me of Mediterranean Paleo Cooking.
If you decide to keep all the items in your box they give you a big discount. If I kept all the items in my box it would have cost me about $230. Which is pretty good considering I didn’t have to go anywhere to shop and I can request exactly the type of items I needed. For this fix I asked for maxi dresses for travel and easy to throw on tops which I received, loud and clear.
It is also so easy because I can just drop the pre-paid envelope in the blue mailbox, no trip to the post office. Who has time for that!?! I can check out online and know my total right away. Also I can give feedback so my stylist gets to know me better each time for a more custom Fix each time.
I hope you give Stitch Fix a try because it will save you time and money. Plus you will look great in what you they send not just throw your stuff on the Goodwill pile after 2-3 wearings. I probably spend a bit more than usual on clothes but I keep them longer, wear them more and feel better in them which is worth so much for your self esteem and the planet.
It is risk free so Try it out here. If you hate everything they send you will only be out a $20 styling fee. But I have never not liked at least 2-3 items in a fix and usually I want to keep them all because they know me so well! Try it out here
Be Sure to Pin It: