Double Book Review and Giveaway: The Zenbelly Cookbook + Paleo by Season –
Today I bring you a double book review and giveaway! The Zenbelly Cookbook by my friend and fellow San Franciscan Simone Miller. Simone runs a local grain free catering company Zenbelly Catering. Simone is long time friend of me and Grass Fed Chef. She caters events all over the bay area and we attended her pop-up a few years back. Her food is always top notch and she emphasizes amazing local and organic ingredients. I know you will love her cookbook!
The second is Paleo by Season by Peter Servold who runs Pete’s Paleo a San Diego based Paleo meal delivery service. We met Pete and his lovely wife Sarah at Paleo FX in April. They just had a new baby and we are so happy that Chef Pete has put his recipes in a beautiful new book. I know you will be amazed at the beautiful photos and the seasonal focus of this vibrant cookbook.
I have both of these book prominently displayed in my kitchen and they will be go to resources when me and Grass fed Chef need new diner ideas.
Double Book Review and Giveaway: The Zenbelly Cookbook + Paleo by Season
There is also a bundle giveaway at the end of this post…don’t forget to enter!
The Zenbelly Cookbook by Simone Miller
Simone’s love for food is deeply engrained in her childhood. From eating pate at birthday parties to loving her grandmothers pickled herring, what a palate for a kid! Simone starts off her cookbook by explaining to us what is the good stuff, the great stuff, the grey areas and the no lists, these are the basics for structuring your personal Paleo thing, as she puts it.
The recipes in The Zenbelly Cookbook are amazing! From chocolate hazelnut waffles to Brazilian fish stew, there is something for everyone and every occasion. Simone will take you from birthday breakfast to birthday feast. It’s like your grandmothers home cooked meals meets gourmet restaurant.
Here’s a sneak peek at what The Zenbelly Cookbook has to offer. Look at this spread!
Simone also gives you very useful how-to’s, from cutting veggies to cutting up a whole chicken. I have to say, my very favorite part of the book has got to be the overhead pictures of all the ingredients for each recipe. They are beautiful and so organized!
The Zenbelly Cookbook Highlight:
– 200 + pages and over 100 paleo recipes ( I counted, there’s over 100 recipes)
– How to guides including “How to Source the Good Stuff” and “How to Stock Your Pantry and get Equipped”
– Simone gives you “notes and variations” throughout the book (ex: make a double batch for a party and lay out garnishes for guests)
– Menus! From dinner for two to thanksgiving feast, plan and serve dinner like a pro
– Recipe thumbnail index for easy visual finds
With this cookbook Simone turns you into your very own personal chef. You will have the confidence to cook daily for the family and to serve up a multi course meal for your next holiday feast. If you haven’t done so already go order your copy of The Zenbelly Cookbook HERE.
Paleo by Season by Peter Servold
Paleo by Season – A Chef’s Approach to Paleo Cooking is just that a chefs approach to paleo cooking. Pete is a classically trained chef and in this cookbook he teaches not only how to cook by season but also how to organize yourself and prep like a pro. Pete teaches you to work smart not hard, for example …make sure you have water already boiling for those veggies you’re about to blanch or make sure the oven is pre-heating while you prep that dish that will take 15mins at 350 degrees. These pro tips have you zooming efficiently through your kitchen in no time.
This cookbook is structured by season, Pete identifies this as being on of the top Paleo things one can do…shop by season and not go searching high and low through all whole foods for that golden beet and instead work with what is available at that time of the year. Spring brings you Spicy Cabbage Slaw and Bacon and Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad, Summer brings you Garlicky Burgers over Sweet Potato Hash and Grilled Avocado, Portobello and Red Onion Salad…my mouth is watering as I type. Fall and Winter sections are just as mouth watering and followed by Condiments and Stocks. You will be prepared all year long, no more excuses and no more bland chicken and broccoli ever!
Paleo by Season Highlights:
– Cooking Through a CSA Box – everybody needs to do this soon! Pete takes a CSA box and shows you how he would store, prep and cook all of it!
– 200 + pages with 100+ mouth watering paleo recipes with gorgeous photography and easy to follow directions
– Difficulty Level is clear as day with dots that are placed under the ingredients, 1-4 dots 1 being the easiest and 4 being fine dining level cuisine.
– Beef, Pork and Lamb charts that show you how each animal is butchered and what cooking technique can be used with each cut (very insightful)
– Each season has a nifty drawing of the United States sectioned off by region and inside each region is a list of all that is available for that particular season
In this cookbook Pete teaches us that by working smart you can really make your cooking life easier and with that make your version of Paleo a delicious and nutritious one. If you haven’t done so already go order your copy of Paleo by Season – A Chef’s approach to Paleo Cooking HERE.
10 Keto Diet Mistakes
Avoid these 10 Keto Mistakes to lose weight fast.